The Azure Waters and Pristine Beaches of The Maldives
Encounters Travel • Malé, Maldives
- Seven-Night, Eight-Day Maldives Trip (Prices from £599 Per Person)
- Seven Nights Accommodation
- All Internal Transport and Transfers
- 24-Hour Airport Arrival & Departure Service
- Seven Breakfasts, One Lunch, and Five Dinners
- 30-Day Tourist Visa
- Local Tour Guides
If you could only take three things with you to a desert island, what would they be? Start packing them up for this Escape with Encounters Travel: eight days and seven nights in the Maldives.
This eight-day, seven-night island hopping tour has discounted prices starting from £599 per person, based on double occupancy, or £698 per person for single travellers. Please select your preferred date and option from our purchase page.
The Trip Itinerary
day 1: Upon arrival at Malé International Airport, you'll be transferred to your guesthouse on the island of Hulhumale. The beach is just a stroll away, and you'll be free to soak up the sun and atmosphere. Overnight in guesthouse.
day 2: Transfer to Malé where a guide will accompany you on a tour of the capital city, with the opportunity to visit The Friday Mosque, The National Museum, and Sultan Park. After lunch, head to your harbour-side guesthouse on the local island of Guraidhoo by ferry, where you might spot dolphins as you survey the Maldivian islands. Overnight in Guraidhoo guesthouse. Breakfast and dinner included.
day 3: Breakfast this morning is taken with a local family, and then you'll explore Guraidhoo with the help of a local guide, learning about the unique culture of the area. The afternoon is at your leisure to relax on the beach, do some snorkelling, or enjoy optional watersport activities before visiting a beautiful, isolated sandbank, where you can swim and snorkel in the crystal clear waters before dinner—Robinson Crusoe style. Overnight in Guraidhoo Guesthouse. Breakfast and dinner included.
day 4: Following breakfast you will be taken by speedboat to an uninhabited picnic island with a picture-perfect sand bar. Swim, snorkel, or just enjoy the beautiful setting before a BBQ lunch. For dinner, you'll tuck into traditional Maldivian food with a local family. Overnight in Guraidhoo guesthouse. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included.
day 5: Transfer by local ferry to Maafushi, and enjoy a half-day snorkelling excursion discovering the beautiful reefs surrounding the island. On return to Maafushi, dinner this evening will be a selection of local dishes accompanied by traditional dancing and the beat of the 'bodu beru'—a traditional Maldivian drum. Overnight in Maafushi Guesthouse. Breakfast and dinner included.
day 6: Day 6 is free to enjoy as you please. Optional diving trips can be organised for certified divers, and day trips are available to nearby luxury resort islands. Before sunset you will board a traditional dhoni in order to cruise the Indian Ocean and enjoy a stunning Maldivian sunset, with the chance to try your hand at fishing, Maldivian-style. Your catch will be freshly prepared for you to enjoy as a BBQ dinner. Overnight in Maafushi guesthouse. Breakfast and dinner included.
day 7: Following breakfast served at the guesthouse, your day is free to relax on the beach. Again, resort visits, snorkelling boat trips, and diving excursions are available. In the afternoon, a visit to a local cafe is included to sample traditional 'hedika'—savoury and sweet treats served with black tea. Overnight in Maafushi guesthouse. Breakfast included.
day 8: After breakfast you are transferred back to Malé airport where the tour ends. You should expect to arrive at the airport by around 10.30 a.m. Extra nights and luxury resort extensions are available on request.
The Need To Know
• International flights and travel insurance are not included.
"The warm seas of Maldives have high visibility throughout the year, with water clear enough to see the passing fish as far as fifty metres away at times."-- Visit Maldives
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- International Flights not included (available on request)
- Valid on specific Sunday departure dates from July 20, 2014 - October 19, 2014
- 1 voucher is valid for 1 person (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by October 19, 2014
- To redeem, copy and paste this URL to your browser: www.encounterstravel.com/voucher, Enter the required information including your voucher code and send. An Encounters Travel advisor will contact you after the information has been received (It is recommended to complete this within 72 hours of voucher purchase)
- Once booked with the merchant, your dates are non transferrable and non refundable
- Option A: Prices are per person based on double occupancy of a Double Room (Not valid for single occupancy), If a same-sex room share can be arranged no single supplement is required – if not, the supplement is compulsory and to be paid direct to the merchant
- Option B: Valid for single occupancy of a single room only
- Voucher includes: Seven-Night, Eight-Day Maldives Trip (Prices from £599 Per Person), Seven Nights Accommodation, All Internal Transport and Transfers, 24-Hour Airport Arrival & Departure Service, Seven Breakfasts, One Lunch, and Five Dinners, 30-Day Tourist Visa, Local Tour Guides
- Offer does not include: International Flights (available on request); Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request); Meals not indicated in the itinerary; Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (eg. laundry)
- Children not valid for this tour, minimum age for the tour is 12
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly prior to purchase if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 0800 088 6002 for further information if required
- Voucher supplied by LivingSocial, 25 Wellington Street, London WC2E 7DA; Tel 020 3356 0899; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Escape supplied by: Encounters Travel, Leigh House, Varley Steet, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS28 6AN, UK
- Read our cancellation and refunds policies in sections 8-10 of our terms and conditions
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 19, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 19, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 19, 2014 • Enjoy By October 19, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings