Ancient Wonders and Modern Luxury in Egypt
Middle Eastern Adventures • Cairo, Egypt
- A Seven-Day Trip Through Egypt for One Guest, Including:
- Round-Trip Air Transport from JFK or IAD
- Four Nights at the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo and Two Nights at the Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna
- All Ground Transportation in Egypt, Including Round-Trip Transportation To and From Airport
- All Scheduled Site Entrance Fees at Major Historical Sites
- Local Expert Guides at Major Historical Sites
- Knowledgeable American Ex-Pat Guides and In-Country Staff
- Select Meals While Touring and Traveling
- Trip Interruption, Delayed Baggage, and Emergency Medical Insurance Coverage
- Dates: March 24 to March 31; April 14 to April 21; May 19 to May 26; June 16 to June 23; August 4 to August 11
Timeless and awe-inspiring, Egypt is the one destination on virtually everyone's bucket list. Fill your pail with with a wellspring of excitement with this week's Escape to Egypt.
This dynamic and breathtaking country is best taken in alongside those who know how to unlock its secrets, so let the experts at Middle Eastern Adventures guide you to uncover some of the best sights that this mystical place has to offer.
Fold up the map and let your enthusiastic American guides roll out the red carpet for a seven-day stay for one guest including five-star accommodations, comfortable transportation, site entrance fees, select meals, and insurance ($2,695). Choose from select dates* in March, April, May, June, or August.
Once you arrive in Cairo, you'll be whisked away from the airport and into the heart of Egypt's bustling, modern capital. Settle into your comfortable room at the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo, then dig into local cuisine and enjoy taking in views of Cairo's skyline on a relaxing Nile River cruise.
Get a good night's sleep, because there's no bones about it: You'll spend the next morning visiting the Great Pyramids of Giza and their imposing guardian, the Sphinx. Hop on a camel and pose for some classic photos before heading downtown to spend the afternoon studying the world's largest collection of ancient artifacts at the Egyptian Museum, including the golden burial mask of King Tut and the mummies of Egypt's greatest Pharaohs
The next morning, you're off to the Sheraton Miramar Resort in the quaint Red Sea town of El Gouna––a hidden gem most ex-pats keep secret. You'll have the afternoon and evening free to explore this paradise where exotic flowers sway over turquoise-blue lagoons and yachts dock in front of the boutique shops, bars, and cafes of the area's lively downtown harbor.
On day four, continue to unearth the remains of ancient civilizations in Luxor with stops at elaborate tombs and temples, as well as at the Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatshepsut's Temple, Luxor Temple, and Karnak Temple.
For days five and six, you'll return to Cairo, where you'll stumble upon additional sites like Abdin Palace, Al-Azhar University, Muhammad Ali Mosque, and The Citadel—and load up on hand-made papyrus, exotic perfumes, scented oils, alabaster statuary, gold and silver jewelry, and other unique treasures at Cairo's famous souk-the Khan el-Khalili.
On your final day, you'll have just enough time to savor a few more sips of Egypt's traditional warm mint tea or strong Turkish coffee before you'll pack up your newly found treasures and leave Egypt in the dust.
After all, it's easy to put wanderlust to rest when you check an Egyptian Escape off that bucket list—all without digging a hole through your wallet.
*Dates: March 24 to March 31; April 14 to April 21; May 19 to May 26; June 16 to June 23; August 4 to August 11
"Wander down to Islamic Cairo and you’ll be sucked in through the looking glass to a bygone medieval era. Head out west to Giza’s famed pyramids and the time warp sets you back a full 4000 years."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required an subject to availability; must be booked by January 23, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Single-room supplement is $450
- Add-ons for U.S. departures originating from airports other than JFK and IAD range from about $200-450; call 202-834-7659 with questions
- All services must be redeemed during one stay
- Date changes can only be made if the purchased departure date is more than 90 days away, subject to slot availability on the new desired trip dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 4, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 4, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 4, 2012 • Enjoy By August 4, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings