Simple Sophistication in Deer Harbor
The Resort at Deer Harbor • Deer Harbor, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($157), in the Best Available Room
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays, in the Best Available Room with a Latin Dance Class for Two ($206)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Truffles and Bottle of Sparkling Cider
- $20 Off Horseback Riding for Two through Moran State Park
Larger and less populous than neighboring San Juan Island, Washington's Orcas Island affords visitors unparalleled access to miles of pristine shoreline and the archipelago's highest mountain. But even with its bounty of rural charm, this hilly isle doesn't lack for cosmopolitan restaurants and boutiques.
The spot to soak it all up? The romantic Resort at Deer Harbor, where this week's Escape scores you a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($157) or Fridays and Saturdays ($206), in the best available room.
Weekend stays come with a Latin dance class, and both options include breakfast for two each morning, gourmet truffles, a bottle of sparkling cider, and, weather permitting, $20 off a horseback ride for two through Moran State Park ($10 off per person).
Each of 26 rooms on the 11-acre property is equipped with a private outdoor hot tub, an indoor fireplace, a king- or queen-size bed, satellite TV, and a view of placid Deer Harbor Marina.
Set off to explore the vast topography before you: Orca season runs from April to October, and whale-watching charters are just steps from the inn. And with a little help from the rain gods, you'll be saddled up on horseback along 30 miles of trails in Moran State Park.
At night, drive 20 minutes north for dinner in Eastsound. "The big draw for the San Juan Islands this year," The New York Times said in 2011, "just might be its dining scene." On mild evenings, request a table on the deck overlooking the sound at Allium. At the helm of this low-key, high-minded restaurant is a former protégé of Thomas Keller who dishes up seasonal New American cuisine with a seafood bent.
And if shopping is your bag, you'll want to drop into Faraways or Two Drews, both down-to-earth yet stylish—and affordable—women's clothing boutiques less than a block from Allium. Pottery is also big on the island, and Orcas Island Pottery showcases some of the region's best handmade wares.
Is it any wonder locals call it the Emerald Isle? Indeed, its 58 square miles are chock-full of gems, from the resort overlooking Deer Harbor to the restaurants perched before East Sound. And it's yours for the taking with this week's pearl of an Escape.
"Orcas Island, the largest of the San Juans, is also the most beautiful of the islands. If you have time to visit only one island, make it this one."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit two per purchaser, up to two additional as gifts
- Up to two vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include daily breakfast for two, truffles and bottle of sparkling cider, and $10 off horseback ride for two through Moran State Park
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included and payable directly to the property
- Upgrades available to houses on the water
- Blackout dates may apply; all dates subject to availability
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2012 • Enjoy By July 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings