An Apple a Day the San Diego Way
Orchard Hill Country Inn • Julian, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a Lodge Room
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast for Two
- Afternoon Hors d'Oeuvres with House Wine, Beer, and Other Beverages
- $25 Voucher Toward a Four-Course Dinner for Two at the On-Site Restaurant
- Upgrade to a Weekend Stay for an Additional $49
- Upgrade to a Cottage Room for an Additional $100
An hour east of San Diego in the Cuyamaca Mountains, the former gold-mining town of Julian is Southern California's premier apple-growing region. Here, you can hitch a horse-drawn carriage down Main Street, tour the old mines, and sample the region's famous apples in a single day.
And it's all within reach from a comfortable perch at the AAA Four Diamond-rated Orchard Hill Country Inn, where this week's Escape buys you a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a Lodge Room ($249).
Enjoy a full gourmet breakfast for two each day, afternoon hors d'oeuvres with house wine, and a $25 voucher toward a four-course dinner at the inn. Upgrade to a weekend stay for an additional $49, or opt for a spacious Cottage Room for an additional $100.
Pluck one of ten Lodge Rooms available—each is uniquely quaint in its country décor, with different details like plaid pillows, rose wallpaper, colorful linens, and views of the meadow.
Arrive during the Gold Rush Days in June and roll out the red-and-white checkered picnic mat, or go in early spring, just in time to catch the wildflowers blooming among more than 1,000 miles of nearby hiking trails. And you'd be remiss not to try the famous pie from Moms Pies, or pick up the freshest fruits and veggies from the Julian Certified Farmers' Market, which opens in April.
For a bit more bite, check out the Julian Hard Cider Miners' Saloon for a tart alcoholic elixir, or go for a tasting at Orfila Vineyards or J. Jenkins Winery. Afterward, head back to the inn and use your $25 voucher on a four-course meal that might include rosemary-rubbed lamb, trout pecan, and oven-fresh country rolls.
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, and if we lived in Julian—with its crisp air, mountain vistas, and low-key lifestyle—we'd be inclined to believe it.
"This AAA Four Diamond inn is the most upscale lodging in Julian—a surprisingly posh, two-story Craftsman lodge and 12 cottages on a hill overlooking the town."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; If you cancel seven (7) days prior to your scheduled arrival, the balance for all reserved nights will be charged to your credit card unless the room is re-rented; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Upgrades available
- Wifi available; Internet access available
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Guests may upgrade to a weekend stay for an additional $49 per night to be paid direct to merchant and subject to availability
- Guests may upgrade to Deluxe Cottage room for an additional $100 to be paid direct to merchant and subject to availability
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 15, 2012 • Enjoy By September 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings