A Verdant History on the Dorset Green
The Dorset Inn • Dorset, VT
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($210) or Fridays and Saturdays ($245)
- Or, A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Suite, Sundays through Thursdays ($355)
- Daily Country Breakfast for Two
- Complimentary Afternoon Refreshments
- Discount Book for Manchester Designer Outlets
If you've turned emerald with envy watching friends and family get away for days of play while you're left to toil at home, Escape to the picturesque town of Dorset, Vermont––ranked among New England's best small towns by Boston magazine—for a trip that'll have you saving green... rather than seeing it.
Our sage advice? Hole up for two nights in a standard room, Sundays through Thursdays ($210) or Fridays and Saturdays ($245) at The Dorset Inn. Or, opt for a Sunday-through-Thursday stay in a suite ($355). Either way, old-world furniture combined with country décor and working fireplaces lend a colonial charm to the place.
Founded in 1796, The Green Mountain State's oldest continually operating inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and was Voted third Best Historic Inn by Yankee magazine and named Inn of the Month by Country Living in 2007.
Start your day with an included country breakfast for two in the sunny garden room. Get a taste of Vermont's local products with dishes featuring Vermont smoked meats, maple syrup, and seasonal fruits—enough to awaken even the most jaded of travelers.
Wander into the village, just a few paces from the inn's front porch, where immaculate, white clapboard homes line the streets and gorgeous arches grace the village green. Check out the Dorset Historical Society or pick up locally made souvenirs from H.N. Williams Store, serving the town since 1840.
Escape during Vermont's postcard-perfect winter and hit the snowy slopes at Stratton. Or, come for the last ten days in June to experience the extraordinary community theater at the Dorset Theatre Festival and quell the dog days of summer with a dip in Dorset Quarry. Any time of year, Escapees will enjoy a discount book of coupons for nearby Manchester Designer Outlets.
If the walls of this 200-year-old inn could talk, they would tell you to slowly sip the complimentary afternoon refreshments before you treat yourself to a classic bistro dinner at the inn's restaurant—recently recognized as one of America's Best Restaurants for Wine Lovers by Wine Spectator.
For the traditional New England hospitality, colonial gentility, and savings you crave, consider this week's Escape your green light.
"The oldest continuously operating inn in Vermont, the Dorset has 25 rooms and suites boasting plenty of well-preserved details. But it's also wonderfully up-to-date, with luxe amenities for discerning guests."-- Boston Magazine
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Buy as many as you'd like
- Up to two vouchers may be combined for an extended stay
- Valid for travel until 6/30/2012
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 5/25-5/27
- Based upon double occupancy
- 9% tax and 15% service charge are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • Enjoy By June 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings