In Coastal Maine, Vacations are Also for Dogs
Bay Leaf Cottages & Bistro • Lincolnville, ME
- A Two-Night Stay in a Standard Room, Mondays through Thursdays ($141) or Fridays through Sundays ($165)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay in a One-Room Cottage, Mondays through Thursdays ($177) or Fridays through Sundays ($189) with Two Fresh Maine Lobsters
- Continental Breakfast
- Cheese-and-Fruit Plate Plus Wine Tasting at Cellardoor Winery
- Doggie Welcome Bag and Pet Fee for First Dog Waived
- Late 1 p.m. Checkout
Like your best four-legged friend, you don't like to be kept on a short leash––which is why a pet-friendly Escape to Bay Leaf Cottages & Bistro in Lincolnville Beach, Maine, is sure to give you plenty of time and shoreline space to loosen your collar.
Setter in for a two-night stay for two people and one dog* in a standard room, Mondays through Thursdays ($141) or Fridays through Sundays ($165). Or, get your paws on a two-night stay for two in a one-room cottage, Mondays through Thursdays ($177) or Fridays through Sundays ($189). If fur offends your fancy, dog-free rooms are available upon request. A 1 p.m. late checkout is included for all rooms.
Conveniently located along Maine's mid coast just a half-mile from Lincolnville Beach and four miles from Camden Harbor, the individually appointed motel and adjacent cottages are sprinkled throughout a shady pine grove. All include delicate touches like custom Maine décor, large windows, spacious lawns, and private decks. The motel boasts an open veranda with finished-wood rocking chairs.
Each morning, you'll dig into a daily continental breakfast of coffee, juice, fruit, cereal, yogurt, and assorted breads. Should you bring your canine companion, he'll drool over a specially packaged doggie welcome bag filled with Loyal Biscuit treats and waste bags as well as the use of a water bowl, placemat, and blanket.
When it comes to wine, the locals here know how to spot a vintage with the perfect pedigree. Lap up a glass or two at Cellardoor Winery, which offers more than 20 Maine-inspired varietals to pique your palate. Pair your selection with an included wine-and-cheese plate.
No dog's day is complete without an afternoon walk. Take a stroll along the beach and then hitch a ride on the ferry to Islesboro for an island jaunt. Hike the trails at Camden Hills State Park or head into Camden for shopping, Searsport for antiquing, or Rockland for a lighthouse trek. If you're the kind of hound that's bred for the water, a kayaking excursion on Lake Megunticook or a sunset schooner cruise on Penobscot Bay is sure to get your tail wagging.
Come dinnertime, cottage-dwellers can chow down in style with two included fresh Maine lobsters that you'll cook in the intimate setting of your private kitchen. Or, if you book on a Saturday, you can opt for a chef-prepared lobster dinner at the on-site Bay Leaf Bistro restaurant for $12 per person. The Lincolnsville-Camden area is littered with fine dining options, so you're sure to find a flavor you favor not too far from reach.
Whether you're looking for purebred retreat or just want to mix it up a bit, this Escape is sure to be your Best in Show.
*Pet fee waived for first dog. Standard charges for additional canines apply.
"Sweet, homey little cottages by the beach and great people. There's a sign in the main building that says, "Come as strangers; leave as friends." I think that exemplifies this comfortable yet kind-of-luxurious place."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit two per purchaser, up to two additional as gifts
- Valid for travel May 1 - July 2, 2012 and September 1 - October 15, 2012
- Two vouchers can be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Can not be combined with any other discount including but not limited to AAA and AARP
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of one week applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 9/19-23 and 10/5-8
- Pets allowed; additional dog (beyond 1) is $10 per night
- Based on double occupancy, each additional person is $10 per night with a maximum of four in a standard motel room
- Two bedroom family cottages available for upgrade; inquire with property
- Minimum three-night stay for all holiday weekends (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day); subject to availability
- Voucher includes an optional pet-friendly fee for one dog and a doggie welcome bag
- Voucher includes late 1 p.m. checkout; inform guest services at check-in
- Nights must be used consecutively
- 7% Maine Lodging Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 15, 2012 • Enjoy By October 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings