Sweet, Serene Sonoma
Inn at Occidental • Occidental, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Fridays ($169) or Saturdays ($199), in a Courtyard Room
- Full Breakfast for Two
- 5 p.m. Wine and Cheese Tasting
- Wine Tasting Pass to More Than 120 Wineries
Tucked away in laid-back Sonoma County and surrounded by some of the state's best wineries and restaurants, Inn at Occidental—and its amiable owners—pours on the charm.
Get a one-night stay for two in a Courtyard Room, Sundays through Fridays ($169) or Saturdays ($199), at this 17-room inn bedecked in antiques and local flair.
Soak up historic Sonoma—the inn features a host of family heirlooms and original artwork—and get a full breakfast for two and a tasting pass to more than 120 area wineries with this week's Escape.
Take your pick of uniquely and imaginatively decorated rooms, including the Cirque du Sonoma, Folk Art, Heritage, Kitchen Cupboard, Safari, Sonoma Lodge, Summer, and Wine Country Room. All feature overstuffed down beds and fireplaces, and most feature spa tubs for two and private decks overlooking the inn's English garden.
You'll eat well at this Occidental B&B, about 65 miles north of San Francisco, as it offers a beautifully laid-out spread every morning that includes a hot entrée like orange cream-stuffed French toast or smoked salmon hash with locally sourced fruits and veggies.
Ask for help from the innkeepers in mapping out a wine-tasting route through Sonoma, then explore the regal Armstrong Redwoods on foot (or by zipline with a Sonoma Canopy Tour).
But be sure to return to the inn at 5 p.m. for an evening nip of locally produced wines and cheeses. For dinner, we recommend an intimate two-top table at the nearby Bistro Des Copains, serving fine French cuisine the Sonoma way—with locally grown, sustainably raised ingredients in an unpretentious setting.
Whether you spend your time here exploring the vast vineyard fare, or simply soaking in the evening sun on the inn's veranda, you'll be over the moon that you happened upon this pastoral Sonoma Escape.
"Tempting though it is to curl up in front of your fireplace or soak in your spa bath, there's so much to do on the doorstep—and Jerry and his team are eager to share their wealth of insider knowledge on the delights of Wine Country."-- i-escape
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book by 6/15/12
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit two per purchaser, up to two additional as gifts
- May combine vouchers to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 10 days applies; if 9 days or less, a $40 cancellation penalty applies and full penalties apply unless room is resold; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- 11% taxes not included and payable upon departure
- Must purchase a Saturday night voucher (Option B) if intending to stay Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun
- Blackout dates: 5/26-5/27
- Valid for two adults only per room
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • Enjoy By June 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 62% savings