Tasty Retreat to The Wine Capital of The World
Le Saint-James Hôtel • Bouliac, France
- Two- (£315) or Three-Night (£425) Stay for Two in Suite Sunday to Wednesday
- Two- (£385) or Three-Night (£519) Stay for Two in Standard Room Thursday to Saturday
- Daily Breakfast
- VIP Welcome with Half Bottle of Sauternes Wine, Fruit, and Sweets
- Glass of Champagne Each for Guests Dining at Restaurant Le Saint-James (Thursday to Saturday Option)
- Direct Flight Options to Bordeaux from UK Airports with easyJet, British Airways, and More (Not Included)
Whether you know your riojas from your rosés or you can't tell the difference between champagne and chardonnay, wine capital of the world Bordeaux has plenty to offer visitors of all regions and appellations.
Pop the cork on this week's Escape and you will get a break to beautiful Bouliac at the Le Saint-James Hôtel. Stay during weekends—from Thursday to Saturday—and pay just £385 (up to a £646 value) for a two-night break for two in a double room, or £519 for three nights (up to a £942 value).
If you'd rather a midweek stay—between Sunday and Wednesday—you will get a guaranteed upgrade to one of the hotel's suites for two nights at £315 (up to a £833 value), or three nights at £425 (up to a £1,240 value). All offers include breakfast, a welcome package, and a glass of champagne each if dining in the hotel's restaurant.
Your grape expectations are sure to be exceeded when you enter your breathtaking double room and receive your welcome gift of a half-bottle of Sauternes, Bordeaux sweets, and seasonal fruits. Built by famed architect Jean Novel and furnished by a range of famous designers, each room boasts panoramic views of the River Garonne and its surrounding vineyards along with spacious en-suite bathrooms, satellite television, a Bang & Olufsen Hi-Fi, mini bar, king-size beds, coffee and tea making facilities, air conditioning, and Wi-Fi.
If you choose a midweek stay you will get a guaranteed upgrade to one of the hotel's luxury suites including the Jacuzzi Suite with its private terrace and hot tub, the huge loft-style Hauterive Suite, or the themed Harley Davidson Suite. All suites comes with Bulgari products and welcome chocolates.
Nothing goes so well with wine as gourmet cuisine and the hotel's two restaurants do not disappoint. Visit the Café de l'Espérance for a laid-back bistro-style eatery serving the likes of grilled steak alongside handcut chips. Or, pay a visit to award-winning chef Michel Portos at the Restaurant Le Saint-James for gourmet international cuisine—from blue lobster grilled with coral butter to roasted duck with turnip preserve and fried ginger—if you choose to dine in the restaurant you will even be treated to a glass of champagne each.
After re-cooper-ating from all that indulgence, it's time to get out and explore Bordeaux. Shopaholics will be delighted with the high-end boutiques on offer in the city while culture fans will love the local museums and art galleries—touring the region's famous vineyards is also a must for oenophiles.
Stop wine-ing about having nowhere to go and have a barrel of laughs with this week's Escape before it withers on the vine.
''Have lunch at an outdoor terrace, or by the river, or in one of the lively little streets of Vieux Bordeaux, or in a typical local brasserie—there’s no end of places to choose from.''-- Bordeaux Tourisme
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights and transfers not included
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 23 December 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- The restaurant is closed on Sundays and Mondays and from April 22 to 30; August 26 to September 3; October 28 to November 8 2012
- Café de l'Espérance is open daily
- Wi-Fi available
- Option A and C: based on double occupancy in a suite
- Option B and D: based on double occupancy in a standard room
- Voucher includes daily breakfast, VIP welcome with half bottle of Sauternes wine, fruit, and sweets and (on first visit to restaurant only) glass of champagne each for guests dining at restaurant Le Saint-James (Thursday to Saturday option)
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 23, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 23, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 23, 2012 • Enjoy By December 23, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 62% savings