Tucked Away Wine Retreat in The Lush Médoc Vineyards
Hôtel Rollan de By • Begadan, France
- Two- (£235) or Three-Night (£329) Stay for Two in Deluxe Room
- Daily Breakfast
- Half-Bottle of Wine in Room on Arrival
- Rollan de By Vineyard Visit and Wine Tasting Session Each
- Flight Options to Bordeaux from Most UK Airports (Not Included)
At the mouth of the Gironde estuary stands France's oldest lighthouse, Cordouan. The original light might have been a little basic—wood chips burning in a metal box—but the gilt-heavy interior featured a lavish spiral staircase, ample closet space, and a chapel with a mosaicked ceiling, where presumably the keeper retreated when it was windy to pray the fortification budget hadn't been blown on the décor.
Surround yourself and your olfactory senses in similar opulence with a two-night stay at the Hôtel Rollan de By for £235 (up to £449 in value), or spend three nights for £329 (up to £662 in value). Tucked amongst the vines of one of the region's well-known vineyards, you'll upgrade to a deluxe room—either Cabernet or Merlot—and drink in a blend of antique furniture, 18th-century art, and contemporary chic. As befitting their names, you'll find half a bottle of wine waiting, which should whet your appetite for a vineyard visit and wine tasting, where you'll sample tipples from the heart of Médoc.
Each morning starts with a French breakfast—a seasonally-changing mix of fresh breads, cheeses, pastries, and jams, alongside yoghurt and fruit—ideal if you want to spend a day exploring Lynch Bages in Pauillac or one of many other châteaux around the region. Alternatively, clear your head with a trip to the estuary five kilometres away, and visit Cordouan, also known as 'the Versailles of the Sea'. If the interior doesn't take your breath away, the view after you've tackled the 311 steps to the top just might.
Luxuriate in this Escape, and you could leave Gironde like a lighthouse: beaming.
''The ideal climate and soils for growing vines have therefore turned the Gironde into a dream destination for wine lovers.''-- Visit Bordeaux Gironde
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights and transfers not included
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 31 October 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Not valid April 26-May 1; May 11-15; June 1-5; July 15-30, September 5-11
- Deal based on double occupancy in a deluxe room
- Voucher includes daily breakfast, half-bottle of wine in room on arrival, Rollan de By vineyard visit and wine tasting session each
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2012 • Enjoy By October 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings