California's Original Summer Home
The Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse • Idyllwild, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Forest-View Queen Room, Sundays through Thursdays in July and August or Any Day of the Week All Other Months
- Daily Breakfast Basket for Two Delivered to Your Door
- Bottle of Champagne Upon Arrival
The Cahuilla Indians were onto something special. Long before Idyllwild was included in the Great Towns of Southern California guidebook, this low-key high-alpine resort for in-the-know Angelenos was the vacation home for bands of Cahuilla Indians escaping the heat of the desert floor.
Discover California's original summer home—known as the Yosemite of the South—with this week's Escape for a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays in July and August or any day of the week all other months, at the 18-room Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse, about two hours southeast of LA ($109).
Each forest-view room at this boutique motel boasts a queen bed, a kitchenette, Wi-Fi, and cable TV, plus Aveda bath amenities. A chilled bottle of bubbly awaits you, and your private balcony overlooking the towering pines of the San Jacinto Mountains is the perfect spot to pop the cork.
Kick off each morning with a breakfast basket delivered to your door, chock-full of fresh-baked scones and homemade lemon curd, fresh fruit, gourmet oatmeal packets, and 100-percent fruit juice.
If you're feeling adventurous, try world-famous rock climbing at Taqhuitz Rock. Biking is also popular, especially on the 17-mile Ramona Trail. Less strenuous pursuits include fishing the pristine waters of Lake Fulmor.
Before you leave, be sure to visit the ancient grinding slabs left behind by the Cahuilla Indians. Some say their spirits still roam the area, which comes as a surprise to exactly no one who's been here—one visit and you'll never want to leave.
"With the pristine mountain décor and warmth of the bunkhouse's hostess, fresh breakfast, high ceilings in the small rooms and the larger cabins, the lodge gives a big bang for the buck."-- iLoveInns.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for stays Sunday through Thursdays stays in July and August; valid for stays any day of the week in all other months
- Blackout dates include: May 25-27; June 1-2; July 3; September 1-2
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 30, 2012 • Enjoy By October 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings