Wine in the Woods of Willits
Brooktrails Lodge • Willits, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($119) or Fridays and Saturdays ($139), in a Room with Jacuzzi Bathtub
- Bottle of Champagne
- One Appetizer with Purchase of Two Entrées at the on-site Caminiti's Restaurant & Lounge
Willits, California: the Gateway to the Redwoods, the Heart of Mendocino County—shoot, it's even the home of Seabiscuit. Whatever you call this town of 8,000, one thing is for sure: This is Northern California at its best.
An hour east of the foggy Fort Bragg coast, and minutes from wine country, the Brooktrails Lodge is not only a prime drop-off point from which to explore Northern California, but, surrounded by centuries-old redwood forest and ensconced in rich history, it's a destination in its own right.
With this week's Escape you'll get a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($119) or Fridays and Saturdays ($139), in a room with a Jacuzzi bathtub—perfect after a day of frolicking on the 14-acre property.
Pop the cork on your included bottle of champagne once you've checked in to the Lodge's adjacent 20-room motel, which was built in the 1970s and has been restored over the last decade. Just outside your door, where a sawmill once stood, the nine-hole Brooktrails Golf Course and miles of hiking trails wend through the trees that drew lumberjacks here more than a century ago.
For a taste of the Mendocino appellation, drive 20 minutes south on the Redwood Highway. Your first stop should be at Barra of Mendocino, an organic operation that produces a variety of estate-grown wines.
Or, if you're feeling less wine and more equine, drop into the Seabiscuit Heritage Foundation in Willits. It's headquartered at Ridgewood Ranch—the home and burial place of the famous racehorse—and the foundation offers in-depth bimonthly tours of the property, stables, and ranch house.
For dinner, tuck into filet mignon medallions or any number of vegetarian dishes at Caminiti's Restaurant & Lounge, where you'll get a complimentary appetizer with the purchase of two entrées. Don't be fooled by the white tablecloths, fine china, and elegant stemware—the sit-wherever-you'd-like waitstaff is welcoming and unstuffy.
For a dreamy end to the evening, sink your body into the bubbling warmth of your in-room Jacuzzi bathtub. As the visionary Theodor Herzl once said, "If you Willits, it is no dream."
"Brooktrails Lodge is now a retreat center and getaway spot for harried city dwellers. ... After a soak in the outdoor hot tub under the giant redwoods and a delightful massage, they're ready to face real life once again."-- Open Exchange
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book by July 1, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 8 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy; maximum 4 people per room
- May combine vouchers to extend stay
- 11% taxes payable upon arrival
- Vouchers include Bottle of Champagne and One Appetizer with Purchase of Two Entrées at the on-site Caminiti's Restaurant & Lounge
- Caminiti's Restaurant only open Thursday-Saturday for dinner, Sunday for brunch
- No refunds towards appetizer credit for stays on other nights
- Pets welcome for additional fee of $20/night per pet
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2012 • Enjoy By July 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings