A Splash of Life in the Desert
The Saguaro Palm Springs • Palm Springs, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Pool View Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($72) or Fridays and Saturdays ($102) between June 1 and September 15
- Or, a One-Night stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays between April 3 and May 31 ($109)
The Technicolor palette decking the walls of The Saguaro Palm Springs—a stark contrast to the dark and menacing San Jacinto Mountains behind it—is an apt welcome to Southern California's favorite getaway town.
After all, it's wildflower season in this desert city less than two hours east of Los Angeles, and The Saguaro, which opened in February, pays homage to those very blooms with its vivid rainbow of reds, greens, blues, yellows, purples, and pinks—12 shades total—that are splashed throughout the hotel.
Let the sunshine in with this week's Escape: a one-night stay for two in a Pool View Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($72) or Fridays and Saturdays ($102) between June 1 and September 15, or Sundays through Thursdays between April 3 and May 31 ($109).
Also apt: The trend-setting hospitality group that owns the 245-room hotel. Joie de Vivre translates as "the joy of living," and what a joy it is at The Saguaro. Check in to your second- or third-floor guest room, with views of the pool and courtyard, and soak up 275 square feet of sunny, chic accommodation. Each room is appointed with a king or two queen beds, a sitting area with flat-screen TV, a work station, handcrafted Mexican furniture, and luxury bath products and linens.
Go for a dip in the Olympic-size pool, lined with canary-yellow chaises and mature palm trees. It's the centerpiece of this design-forward enclave in the desert, and it's bustling with sun gods and goddesses, especially with the full bar that's propped up poolside. At night, join under-the-stars revelry around the fire pit.
But not before you indulge in dinner. At the helm of Tinto, the on-site restaurant, Chef Jose Garces has assembled a shining menu of Basque-style pinxtos. Like tapas, pintxos are served in small portions, and the Iron Chef's menu includes the likes of lamb-loin brochetas with bacon and sherry jus, and truffled chestnut soup with duck and mushroom hash. The wine list, a fitting tribute to the appellations of Northern Spain and Southern France, is equally tantalizing, with about a dozen wines by the glass, 50-plus by the bottle, and a handful of cocktails, to boot.
The desert may be dry, but this vivid new addition to the Palm Springs scene is anything but. Jump in, make a splash, and celebrate the colors and flavors of spring with this week's Escape.
"Architects Peter Stamberg and Peter Aferiat from NYC-based Stamberg Aferiat Architecture are responsible for this remarkable oasis of color, and its thematic spectrum resounds through the entire project."-- Hypebeast
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- 16.565% tax and $18 daily resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Additional guests are $20 per person per night
- Voucher can only be used for the specific dates noted on the voucher
- Blackout dates are 4/8, 4/12, 4/15, 4/19, 4/22, 5/27, 7/4, 8/31, 9/1, 9/2; all other dates are subject to availability
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 15, 2012 • Enjoy By September 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings