Enchanting Escape to Romantic Windermere
Hillthwaite House Hotel • Windermere, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two in House Double (£189), Classic Room (£209), Classic View (£219), or Superior Room (£249)
- Daily Breakfast
- Five-Course Dinner for Two on First Evening
- Bottle of House Wine for Guests Dining on Two-Course Dinner on Second Evening
- Chocolates in Room
- Late Checkout
In 1790, William Wordsworth embarked upon an ambitious walking tour of Europe, where he wandered—lonely as a cloud—through the Alps, before a bout of homesickness prompted him to return and ultimately settle in the Lake District.
Grab your boots and find out why with a two-night Escape at the Hillthwaite House Hotel: a double room for £189 (up to £383.57 in value), a classic for £209 (up to £423 in value), a classic with a view of Lake Windermere and the mountains as well as a Jacuzzi bath for £219 (up to £443 in value), or a superior room with a four-poster or a super king-size bed with stunning lake views, most complete with a Jacuzzi bath for £249 (up to £503 in value).
Float on high—or drive—o'er vales and hills to Lake Windermere, where the hotel sits on the hillside in its own flower-packed garden. Inside, traditional russets and chic modern neutrals set a calm, comfortable tone and allow the dramatic Cumbrian scenery to provide the poetry.
Chocolates greet you in your room—but with a five-course dinner on your first night, you might want to think twice about eating too many. Dishes such as Gressingham duck confit and Barnsley lamb chop make the most of the local produce, while a rich chocolate tart with roast strawberry salad attempts to outdo what's beyond the window. Return on your second night, and there's a bottle of house wine.
Walk that—and your hearty breakfast—off with a jaunt around England's largest lake, and this Escape should help you understand why the region helped Wordsworth get off the couch and shed his vacant or pensive mood.
There's even a late checkout, so no need to worry if you get lost on the search for your own host of golden daffodils. Put pen to paper on this Escape now, before it floats away much like Wordsworth's cloud.
''With the lake shore of Windermere so close, there is always something to do whatever the season - walking along the lakeside, enjoying panoramic views of the lake and mountains from several viewpoints.''-- The Lake District
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Limit one per purchaser; additional as gifts
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by July 18 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid 11-14 April or 2-5 June
- Deal based on double occupancy in purchased room choice only
- £15 per person supplement applies for Saturday night stays
- Voucher includes chocolates in room, daily breakfast, five-course dinner for two on the first evening and a bottle of house wine for guests dining on a two-course dinner on the second evening
- Free parking
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 18, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 18, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 18, 2012 • Enjoy By July 18, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings