History in the Making Along Long Beach Peninsula
China Beach Retreat • Seaview, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays or Fridays and Saturdays
- Bottle of Wine and Two Mimosas
- $25 Dining Credit and $15 Pub Credit
Those with dreams of discovering undisturbed new lands will find fulfillment during this week's Escape to China Beach Retreat, an intimate B&B in Ilwaco, Washington, nestled along the breathtaking Long Beach Peninsula.
It's your manifest destiny to relax in comfort during a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays or Fridays and Saturdays, at this cozy Craftsman-style B&B ($251). Fodor's review of China Beach Retreat says that this idyllic hamlet "offers a secluded, romantic experience in nature." Take in the treasures of the tidelands and walk in the footsteps of Lewis and Clark who passed through this place in 1805.
Elegantly appointed in historic fashion, your suite features antiques that reflect the richness of this cultural setting. Survey the panoramic views outside your window, take in the beauty of Baker's Bay and the Columbia River, or go for a dip in your hydrotherapy massage tub.
During the day, discover the surrounding stillness where your nearest neighbors are otter, deer, and heron. Watch the local fishing fleet come in and out of the harbor as you relish the reduced pace amid peace and quiet.
Feel free to traverse Cape Disappointment State Park, boasting two miles of oceanside trails strewn with restored lighthouses, just a five-minute drive away. Or, set off on a quest for the perfect souvenir in the port of Ilwaco, where fish markets and boutiques with local antiques dominate the shopping scene.
Uncover culinary adventures with a $25 dining credit and a $15 pub credit for two at the Shelburne Restaurant, offering costal cuisine infused with local flavor. Use your credit to make your way through an elegant meal in the dining room with artisan breads baked on site, fresh local fish, and handmade desserts complemented with an included bottle of wine. Or, employ your pub discount toward casual fare of harvested fried oysters, fresh-picked greens, and craft beers. Each guest is entitled to one mimosa per stay with breakfast.
Embark on an Escape with a pre-determined destination—your pursuit of happiness might just depend on it.
"The China Beach Retreat is so private, facing a marsh at the mouth of the Columbia River with the Pacific Ocean in the background. It was a bird watcher's paradise."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per purchaser, up to 1 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 10 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates: June 24 - 29; July 4-7, 13-14
- Not valid for stays in the Audubon Cottage
- Check-in occurs at the Shelburne Inn at 4415 Pacific Way, Seaview, WA; key and instructions are given at that time
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2012 • Enjoy By July 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings