Days in the Sun in Regal Cascais
Viva Marinha Hotel • Cascais, Portugal
- Three- (€359), Five- (€595), or Seven-Night (€799) Stay for Two People in a Suite
- Welcome Bottle of Douro Wine
- Daily Breakfast
- Access to Spa
- Inclusive Bike Hire
- Late 4 p.m. Checkout
- Summer Availability
- Direct Flights from Dublin to Lisbon with Aer Lingus (Not Included)
In 1878, Cascais became the first citadel in Portugal to receive street lighting, thanks to its status as King Luís I's favourite getaway. And once the lights were on, there was no looking back, as it transformed from a monarch's favoured fishing village to Portugal's most sought after coastal destination.
Illuminate your calendar with a stay in the luxurious, five-star Viva Marinha Hotel. Enjoy three nights for two people in an elegant suite, in April, May, June, September, or October, for €359 (up to a value of €705). Alternatively, indulge with five nights at €595 (up to a €1,145 value), or seven nights for €799 (up to a value of €1,573). July dates are also available.
Soaked in year-round sun rays, the Viva Marinha sits three kilometres from Cascais, in the last spit of land before Europe tumbles into the Atlantic. Five-star seclusion in acres of its own magnificent landscaped grounds is balanced by easy access to surrounding sandy beaches and a swift thirty minute train ride to the centre of Lisbon. Your elegant Suite offers a spacious living room and kitchenette. Many of the rooms open up to a balcony or patio that survey the sun-dressed skyline, whilst you relax with the welcome bottle of red Douro wine and toast to your retreat.
Scents of freshly toasted bread, smoked salmon, and creamy scrambled egg are carried on the breeze each morning and guests are invited to tuck into the breakfast buffet under the umbrella pines. As the shadows elongate across the pool and loungers, luxuriate in the spa, with access to the sauna, steam room, and hydro-massage pool facilities.
Take a hire bike from the hotel to explore the nearby Guincho Beach and coastal paths, or hop on a free shuttle bus into neighbouring Sintra, with its ancient castle and palace. In Cascais, you'll savour a taste of the Latino lifestyle imbued by its large Brazilian population: waterfront bars serving cocktails are tucked in amidst alleyways, with BBQs serving grilled seafood and sun-worshippers nestled on the rocks as the midday sun heats the waters below.
With a late 4 p.m. checkout included, you'll have plenty of chances to see how Cascais glows in the street lights—just ensure you get to see this shining example of Portugese charm.
- April, May, June, September, October (€359)
- July (€429)
- April, May, June, September, October (€595)
- July (€713)
- April, May, June, September, October (€799)
- July (€998)
"Cascais was once a fishing village, but in 1870 the royal court came here for the summer, with a trail of nobility in its wake. Such patronage has left it with some grand pastel-coloured buildings and a striking citadel."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights and transfers not included
- Limit 3 purchases per person; additional as gifts
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation; bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 31 October 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid during the month of August
- Children under 2 stay free, children 3-12 stay for a surcharge of €15 per child per day
- Deal based on double occupancy in a suite
- Voucher includes welcome bottle of Douro wine, daily breakfast, access to Spa, inclusive bike hire and late 4 p.m. check out
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2012 • Enjoy By October 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 49% savings