Exploring the Columbia River Territory
Clementine's Bed and Breakfast • Astoria, OR
- A Two-Night Stay for Two Starting on September 30
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast
- Cooking Class with Dinner for Two
- Two Tickets for the Flavel House Museum or Heritage Museum
- Two Glasses of Port and Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
When legendary explorers Lewis and Clark arrived in Astoria at the end of their two-year expedition, they were ready for a little R&R. But whether you're looking for a cross-country capstone or a quick getaway from the city, this picture-perfect port is a sight for sore eyes.
Escape for two nights, Sundays to Thursdays or Fridays and Saturdays starting on September 30, to Clementine's Bed and Breakfast ($209), where you don't need Sacajawea's help to see that this restored 1888 Italianate Victorian boasts some of the best views in the city.
Perched on a hill overlooking historic homes and the Columbia River, this five-bedroom B&B features featherbeds and Egyptian cotton linens, luxurious bathrobes, fresh flowers, free wireless Internet, eclectic Victorian and Asian antiques, and a complimentary happy hour serving tea and wine.
Kick off the day with a culinary voyage in Clementine's dining room, where the multi-course breakfast menu may include sweet treats, like spicy buttermilk coffee cake or baked stuffed French toast with caramelized apples, and savory dishes featuring fresh, local ingredients, like Dungeness Crab Eggs Benedict with steamed asparagus. Later you'll learn Chef Judith's secrets during a seasonal cooking class (including dinner afterwards) in Clementine's gourmet kitchen.
Fortunately you don't have to ford any rivers after your day of indulging—instead, take a self-guided walking tour of the town's many Victorian homes, including the best example of Queen Anne architecture in Oregon: the Flavel House Museum. Or learn more about Astoria's early American history at Fort Clatsop in Lewis and Clark National Historical Park and the Columbia River Maritime Museum.
If you want to follow in the footsteps of the exploring duo, take the six-mile hike across Tillamook Head, or check out a number of other nearby trails. Or, simply travel along the North Coast Craft Beer Trail.
You may not be trekking all the way across the Louisiana Territory, but a trip to Astoria will definitely go down in history as a worthwhile Escape.
"It's a charming little town with lots to do: eating, shopping, hiking, museums, kayaking, etc. Judith at Clementine's provides a quaint little oasis. Be sure to check out her cooking classes—she knows her way around the kitchen and the food is tasty!"-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Valid for travel from September 30 - December 22, 2012
- Vouchers include daily gourmet breakfast, cooking class with dinner for two, two tickets for the Flavel House Museum or Heritage Museum, two glasses of port and chocolate-covered strawberries
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per purchaser, up to 1 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Kid and pet-friendly suites are available; please call property for details
- Must be 21 or over to check-in
- Blackout dates include November 21-25, 2012
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Voucher includes $10 off massage treatments
- Cooking classes and dinner are held on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays only; tip and gratuity is not included with dinner; maximum of 6 people per class and space subject to availability
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 22, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 22, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 22, 2012 • Enjoy By December 22, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings