A Different Kind of Beach Vacation
Harbor Lights Inn • Depoe Bay, OR
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($99) or Fridays or Saturdays ($119), in a Captain's Quarters Room
- Breakfast for Two
- Upgrade to an Admiral's Quarters Room for an Additional $40
For most people, the phrase "beach vacation" summons a daydream sequence of palm fronds and piña coladas. Maybe a romance novel. But to Oregonians, these words mean whale-watching, crab-fishing, and, let's face it, wind breakers.
And while it may be more active and exciting in Oregon, a beach vacation is still as laid-back here as it is in any tropical paradise. Kick back in Depoe Bay, just 100 miles southwest of Portland, with this week's Escape: a one-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($99) or Fridays or Saturdays ($119) in a Captain's Quarters room at the Harbor Lights Inn.
Upgrade to the Admiral's Quarters—boasting a king-size bed—for an additional $40.
Overlooking the smallest harbor in the world (any sailor attempting to navigate the narrow entryway of this six-acre bay can attest to this claim), The Harbor Lights Inn offers a unique vantage point from which to explore Depoe Bay. Let the sea breeze tickle your skin as you take in the sunset on the private deck of your Captain's Quarters room, then indulge in cream sherry and dark chocolate before tucking yourself in to a king-size bed. Rooms are also equipped with TV, Wi-Fi, and a wood-burning fireplace. The Admiral's Quarters also feature a one-person jetted tub. At breakfast, treat yourself to dishes like eggs Benedict or a variety of frittatas, all cooked to order.
If it's excitement you seek, Harbor Lights will help you find the adventure of your dreams: Depoe Bay ranks as one of the West Coast's whale-watching meccas. Try to spot the gentle giants from land, or sail with marine biologist Carrie Newell for a closer look. Dive into the town's fishing tradition—from crab to halibut—with Dockside Charters, or uncover cascading waterfalls while hiking Drift Creek Falls Trail.
Feel more at peace indoors? Meet the wildlife at the Oregon Coast Aquarium, or create your own glass masterpiece at MorArt Studio. Stop by Flying Dutchman Winery for a taste of award-winning vintages or Rogue Brewery for handcrafted beers (be sure to catch the daily 3 p.m. tours).
We can't promise a lazy day spent swaying in a hammock or even that you'll need sunscreen. But Oregon's brand of beach—puddled with tide pools and punctuated with office building-size boulders—is equally relaxing and that much more interesting. Go ahead and dive right in.
"This harbor-front bed and breakfast provides a dreamy setting for watching boats and relaxing in a quaint, quiet atmosphere."-- Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes are not included and are payable upon time of voucher redemption
- Please book with the property as soon as possible to get your preferred stay dates
- Blackout dates are all holidays and special events
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 4, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 4, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 4, 2013 • Enjoy By July 4, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings