Kicking Back on the Washington Coast
Adrift Hotel and Spa • Long Beach, WA
- A One-Night ($69) or Two-Night ($109) Stay for Two in a Basic Queen Room, Sundays through Thursdays
- One Appetizer at Pickled Fish Restaurant + Bar
- Two Keepsake Mugs Filled with Fort George Beer Upon Arrival
When we say "beach vacation," what comes to mind? Southern California? Long Beach, perhaps? Us too, only we're partial to Washington's Long Beach—named one of America's Favorite Beach Towns in 2009 by Forbes Traveler.
Buck the tide of bleached blondes and palm trees with a trip to the trendy Adrift Hotel and Spa, about two hours north of Portland on Washington's scenic southern coast—the anti SoCal if ever there were one.
Embark on a one-night ($69) or two-night ($109) stay for two in a Basic Queen Room, Sundays through Thursdays. For an additional fee, upgrade your room upon booking. You'll also get an appetizer at Pickled Fish restaurant + bar and, upon arrival, two keepsake mugs filled with beer from Fort George (a craft brewer based in Astoria).
With a focus on sustainability, this pet-friendly hotel just 500 feet from the water features reclaimed décor and a minimalist esthetic. Rooms are appointed with a queen-size bed, private bath, and flat-screen TV, and most offer ocean views.
In the morning, saddle up on complimentary rental bikes for a cruise along the Discovery Trail. This eight-mile ride offers not only ocean views from atop sand dunes, but also a chance to learn about Lewis and Clark's "Corps of Discovery Expedition." And it wouldn't be a beach vacation without surfers—Long Beach's brand, unlike California's, is a tight-knit crew of intrepid cold-water riders, clad in wet suits instead of board shorts.
At night, ascend to the fourth floor of the hotel for dinner at Pickled Fish, which overlooks the Pacific. With a wood-fired oven at the center of the dining room, it's no surprise that the restaurant specializes in artisanal pizzas. And, this being the bountiful Pacific Northwest, you'll find much of the ingredients are sourced locally, not only on pies like the house-smoked salmon with local herbs, but on dishes like Dungeness crab macaroni and tri-tip with fire-roasted potatoes.
And if this were SoCal, you might worry about getting a table at Pickled Fish. But in this town of just under 1,500 residents, you can expect a laid-back, sit-where-you-like vibe only the Pacific Northwest can deliver. Welcome to SoWa.
"Adrift is a funky, hip property with amenities worthy of a high-end property. We ran into an owner in the elevator and were welcomed like old friends. All around, the perfect beach destination."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Valid for stays from September 17-February 13, 2013
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Weekend stays are available for an additional fee $20/night
- Holiday stays are limited
- Blackout dates include December 26, 2013 - January 2, 2013 and January 14, 2013
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 13, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 13, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 13, 2013 • Enjoy By February 13, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings