Slow and Easy Like a Texas Drawl
Magnolia Street Inn • Palestine, TX
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Suite, Sundays through Thursdays ($199) or Fridays and Saturdays ($219)
- Welcome Bottle of Wine or Champagne, Chocolate-Covered Strawberries, and a Dozen Roses
- In-Room Gourmet Breakfast on One Day
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
If you want to see the ambition and commerce of a country, head for any city center. But for the character of a nation—the rosin that allows the machinery to sing—exit the interstate where the tallest building downtown is a theater. Such is the case in Palestine, Texas, about a two-hour drive south of Dallas, where this week's Escape pulls you outside the Metroplex to a retreat from the bustle and blare of Big D.
Book a two-night stay with your special someone in a queen suite at the Magnolia Street Inn for $199, Sundays through Thursdays, or $219 on Fridays and Saturdays. You'll be welcomed with a bottle of wine or champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, and a dozen roses in your room.
This 4,400-square-foot Victorian-style bed and breakfast built in 1874 offers four rooms, each with private bathrooms, flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Start your morning with a cup of Longbottom coffee and crème brûlée French toast with fresh strawberries, breakfast sausage, and cheesy hash browns—or one of the other breakfast entrées that vary daily—in the chandelier-clad dining room. Or stay in your room: You'll get one included in-room gourmet breakfast for that morning when leaving the sheets seems impossible.
Incorporated in 1871, Palestine is one of the oldest towns in Texas and second to only Galveston in number of historical buildings. Take the day to stroll through the quaint downtown district and browse the many antiques shops, like Star of Texas Antiques, which is located in an old silent-movie theater. Just remember to pick up one of the famous fruitcakes or Texas pecan cakes at Eilenberger's Bakery, the state's oldest.
Line up your visit with one of town's many festivals, like the WonderFall Oktoberfest or the monthly outdoor showings of classic movies in Reagan Park. But this ain't the big city, so you might just want to take 'er easy—just like a Texas drawl, Palestine is as slow and relaxed as they come.
"Once on the brink of being demolished, this 1874 Victorian home is now a tranquil bed and breakfast. And despite the house's history, there's nary a doily in sight."-- Texas Monthly
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Up to two (2) vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 5 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy - maximum occupancy: 4, $15 per person for each additional guest per room/reservation
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes in-room gourmet breakfast on one morning of your choice, one bottle of wine or champagne with chocolate covered strawberries, one dozen roses in-room upon arrival
- Children above age of 4 are welcome
- No pets or smoking
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 1, 2013 • Enjoy By February 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 47% savings