Free of the Crowds, Cape Cod's Off-Season Shines
Penny House Inn & Day Spa • Eastham, MA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Room
- Daily Breakfast
- $25 Credit Toward Any Massage or Body Treatment
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
On a hurried drive to Provincetown, or another destination off Route 6, Eastham is frequently overlooked by tourists craving a bustling town. "But for those who linger, Eastham provides its own quiet blandishments," says The New York Times.
Incorporated in 1651, the area is rich with history—passengers of the Mayflower stumbled upon the Nauset tribe on First Encounter Beach and a congressional act signed by JFK in 1961 created the Cape Cod National Seashore, protecting Eastham's coastline. Bordered by Cape Cod Bay to the west and the Atlantic to the east, and only 92 miles from Boston, it has long lured those-in-the-know to its pristine beaches during the summer. After Labor Day, and sans the bumper-to-bumper traffic, the laid-back town relaxes even more.
Escape to the Penny House Inn & Day Spa for a two-night stay for two in a queen room ($275). A restored 17th-century sea captain's home, the property boasts homespun details alongside Wi-Fi, cable TV, and private bathrooms.
After an impressive fruit plate, breakfast may include egg soufflé, pumpkin pancakes, or blueberry waffles. Once full, rent two-wheelers to ride along the Cape Cod Rail Trail, which starts starts in Dennis and ends in Wellfleet—passing through Harwich, Brewster, Orleans, and Eastham. Hike Nauset Marsh Trail, a half-mile loop accessed from the Salt Pond Visitor Center; Red Maple Swamp Trail, a quarter-mile walk most colorful in the fall; and a number of other trails.
Coast Guard Beach, named number one on National Geographic Traveler's list of Top 10 US Family Beaches, is only a five-minute drive from the inn.
"Day temperatures are perfect for long hikes along the seashore. By October, you'll need a sweater during the day, and evenings can be downright chilly," says Frommer's. "But this is a lovely time of year on the Cape and islands."
Later, grab a cup of cider, tea, or hot chocolate and a homemade cookie or brownie from the inn. Then, head to dinner at Mahoney's Atlantic Bar & Grill in Orleans or the Zagat-rated Chillingsworth. If you need a longer trip, combine vouchers to stay for up to four nights. On your last day, use your $25 credit toward any massage or body treatment at the on-site spa before packing your bags, happy you didn't let this Escape pass you by.
"The owner was very helpful in pointing out the best beaches and restaurants in the area that we should check out. The breakfasts were delicious—a fruit platter greeted us at the table each morning—and served by a warm, welcoming staff."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel 10/1/12 - 6/30/13
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes and resort fees are not included; will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2013 • Enjoy By June 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings