Channeling Our Forefathers in Virginia
The Founders Inn and Spa • Virginia Beach, VA
- A One- ($110) or Two-Night ($220) Stay for Two in a Colonial Room
- $25 Spa Credit Toward a 50-Minute Facial or 50-Minute Massage
Stepping onto the sprawling grounds of The Founders Inn and Spa, you'd be forgiven for thinking you were at the wrong place—palatial yet humbly named, the property is less of an inn than it is an estate. But an apt tribute to its namesake Founding Fathers? It is most certainly that.
Set on 16 acres in Virginia Beach, the Georgian-style hotel is fronted by fountains and perfectly trimmed hedges, and decorated inside with Oriental rugs, chandeliers, and large framed paintings of John Adams, James Madison, and the like.
And with this week's Escape, you'll get a healthy helping of 18th-century elegance during a one- ($110) or two-night ($220) stay for two in a Colonial Room, plus a $25 spa credit toward a 50-minute facial or 50-minute massage.
But don't expect white-gloved butlers and classically trained string quartets. With a 25-foot water slide, beach volleyball, and an ultra-modern spa, The Founders Inn is anything but stuffy. Check into your newly renovated room, featuring Kingsdown pillow-top mattresses, and flip on the 42-inch flat-screen TV or surf the Internet with complimentary Wi-Fi.
When you aren't splashing around in the two on-site pools (one indoor and one outdoor) or cashing in on that $25 credit at the Flowering Almond Spa, head 20 minutes east to the Virginia Beach Boardwalk, or make the hour-long drive north to historic Williamsburg, Jamestown, or Yorktown.
And when colonialist undertakings leave you famished, sate your appetite back at the inn. The Hunt Room, a contemporary-casual eatery with a pool table and large TVs, serves a variety of soups, artisanal sandwiches, and brick-oven pizzas, plus beer and wine. Upscale offerings abound at the award-winning Swan Terrace Restaurant, set on the outdoor brick patio and serving locally sourced fruits and veggies, seafood, prime meats, and a sommelier-selected list of wines.
With two pools, three restaurants, an award-winning spa, and décor you might find in the White House, The Founders Inn and Spa is unlike any inn you've seen. The hospitality, however, is as warm as a country bed and breakfast—homemaker Martha Washington would definitely approve.
"We stayed at the Founders for the first time and were thoroughly delighted... It's a top quality property: egyptian cotton, great mattresses, nicely appointed rooms, very nice foyer, and excellent food."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 8/17-18, 8/31, 9/1, 9/14-15, and 11/2-3
- Spa reservations required and subject to availability
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 22, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 22, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 22, 2013 • Enjoy By August 22, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings