RSVP to Victoria's 150th Birthday
Executive House Hotel • Victoria, Canada
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Guest Room from October 1 to April 30 ($75)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Guest Room from October 1 to April 30 ($125)
- One Full Breakfast for Two at Caffè d'Amore
When it comes to birthday celebrations, this is one you don't want to miss.
Raise a glass to Victoria, British Columbia—which is celebrating its 150th birthday this year—during an Escape to downtown's Executive House Hotel. Accept this invitation for a one- ($75) or two-night ($125) stay for two, from October 1 to April 30, and share all the attention with a city that's coming into its own.
Although neighboring high-profile locales like Vancouver and Seattle have overshadowed this capital city in the past, Victoria is finally getting the nod it deserves.
"Fuelled by an increasingly younger demographic, a quiet revolution has seen lame tourist pubs, eateries, and stores transformed into the kind of bright-painted bohemian shops, wood-floored coffee bars, and surprisingly innovative restaurants that would make any city proud," says Lonely Planet.
Boats gently bob in the Inner Harbor, 19th-century buildings evoke an English past, and the Olympic Mountains stand in the distance on a clear day. Unwrap your belongings in a standard guest room among bright white duvets, free Wi-Fi, and views of the city or harbor.
After indulging in breakfast at Caffè d'Amore, take a kayak tour of the bay with a local outfitter like Kelp Reef. Catch a glimpse of wildlife—like Canadian geese, sea lions, and river otters—and then stroll the Inner Harbor's boardwalk. Later, visit The Butchart Gardens to see maples and chrysanthemums showcased in hues of red and gold.
At night, stop by the stately Parliament Buildings, sparkling in lights, before choosing a dinner spot in the bohemian neighborhood of Cook Street Village. Later, you can blow out the candles on your getaway with drinks at one of the area's bars that's hustling and bustling with locals. Mark a milestone with this Escape, and Victoria will show you how to have your cake and eat it too.
"Victoria, the capital of a province whose license plates brazenly label it 'The Best Place on Earth,' is a walkable, livable seaside town of fragrant gardens, waterfront paths, engaging museums, and beautifully restored 19th-century architecture."-- Read Fodor's Review of Victoria
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Valid for travel October 1, 2012 through April 30, 2013
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 2 additional as a gift
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates include November 1-6, 2012; December 22, 2012 - January 02, 2013
- Upgrade to 1-bedroom suite for $30.00 per room, per night; upgrade to view room for $30 per room, per night
- Pets are allowed for additional fee of $25/pet per night
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 48% savings