All That Glitters is in Golden
Hillside Lodge and Chalet • Golden, Canada
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a One-Bedroom Cabin, Thursdays through Sundays Between November 1, 2012, and April 30, 2013 ($230)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Four Guests in a Two-Bedroom Cabin, Thursdays through Sundays Between November 1, 2012, and April 30, 2013 ($375)
- Breakfast for Each Guest on First Day of Stay
Six national parks, three mountain ranges, two rivers, and the world's longest national highway. O Canada, indeed. Escape to Hillside Lodge & Chalets in Golden, British Columbia, where the Trans-Canada Highway bisects one of the country's most bountiful natural habitats, providing visitors with the means to explore it all.
In the heart of Kicking Horse Country, about three hours west of Calgary, you'll get a two-night stay, Thursdays through Sundays, for two guests in a one-bedroom cabin ($230) or for four guests in a two-bedroom cabin ($375) between November 1, 2012, and April 30, 2013.
All chalets are saddled with queen- or king-size beds, a fireplace, kitchen amenities, a private porch, a private bathroom, and a living area. You'll also receive breakfast for each guest on the first morning of your stay.
The area got its name from geologist Sir James Hector, who suffered a swift kick to the noggin from his unhappy horse while looking for a route to extend the Canadian Pacific Railway. Even after being knocked out long enough to be thought dead, he came to and was so enchanted that he continued exploring the valley.
You'll be equally mesmerized (minus the injuries, we're sure!) as you trot about the area, which is surrounded by Banff, Glacier, Jasper, Kootenay, Mount Revelstoke, and Yoho national parks. All are within four hours (most within two) of the Lodge.
If it's outdoor adventure you seek, you're in for a wild ride at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, which boasts the fourth-highest vertical drop of any resort in North America and more than 2,800 acres of skiable terrain. You'll also have access to a snowshoeing path back at the lodge.
After a long day on the slopes, soak your sore muscles in Hillside's 12-person hot tub, open until 10 p.m. nightly. Or, find fun in the common area, where cards, games, a TV, and books will keep you occupied as you sit by the fire.
It doesn't take a kick in the head to know that this is an Escape worth its weight in Golden.
"We had our wedding at Hillside this month and it was by far the most amazing location we could have ever dreamed of. The property is gorgeous, the cabins are all adorable, and the lodge was perfect for the wedding party."-- TripAdvisor
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Valid for travel November 1, 2012 through April 30, 2013
- Valid stay dates are Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and a $35 penalty applies
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates are: Dec 21–Jan 6, Feb 7–11, Feb 14–18
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 47% savings