A Whodunit in the Green Mountains
Big Bears Lodge • West Dover, VT
- A Two-Night Murder-Mystery Experience for Two on October 26 to 28, November 30 to December 2, or December 7 to 9
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Four-Course Dinner for Two on Saturday Night
- Dessert Reception on Friday Night
- Wine and Cheese on Saturday Night
We don't normally offer Escapes to dangerous locations, and really, Vermont is one of the safest places in the country (it's ranked 43rd out of 50 in murders per capita), but we can guarantee that at least someone from your group will meet their maker on this Escape to the Big Bears Lodge.
This quaint New England retreat in West Dover, Vermont, is offering a murder-mystery package fit for your inner-Sherlock. Pack a weekender bag and call up your fellow Watson for a two-night stay for two on October 26 to 28, November 30 to December 2, or December 7 to 9 ($299).
Your stay begins with a Friday night dessert reception to meet your fellow victims and presumed suspects. Also included with your retreat: daily breakfast, a wine-and-cheese reception on Saturday evening, and a four-course dinner for two later that night.
With 24 bedrooms, a quiet lounge, a TV lounge, a bar lounge, a dining room, a game room, an indoor hot tub, and a children's play area and treehouse, this spacious lodge in the foothills of the Green Mountain range is a dream setting for fans of murder mysteries.
Besides assuming the role given to you in your character packet, and playing detective throughout your stay, the hours of your day can be spent exploring outside the killing grounds. Mount Snow is only a five-minute drive away and offers some of the finest skiing in the Northeast, not to mention Carinthia's status as "the promised land" for free skiers and riders and terrain park junkies, says the Boston Globe.
For those more likely to tumble than gracefully glide down the mountain, head ten minutes south to Wilmington, a charming mountain village where you can grab lunch and leisurely browse antiques and boutiques.
The chance to be murdered in the mountains and live to tell about it makes this Escape one heck of a killer deal.
"We found the Big Bears Lodge to be a great place ro stay. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the breakfast was great, with so much to choose from."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel on the following dates only and all are subject to availability; 10/26-28, 11/30-12/2 and 12/7-9
- Reservation required 7 days prior to arrival date
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 9, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 9, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 9, 2012 • Enjoy By December 9, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings