Nature's Nurturing Touch in Ucluelet
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort • Ucluelet, Canada
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a One-Bedroom Lodge Suite
- $50 Food-and-Beverage Credit
- Bottle of Wine of Your Choice: Red, White, or Non-Alcoholic
To one side of Black Rock Oceanfront Resort, a low-slung fog lingers amid an impossibly fertile temperate rain forest. On the other side, undulating tide pools are punctuated by the hotel's namesake craggy black rocks, a scene that's at once calming and foreboding.
In the middle of it all, this eco-friendly property in Ucluelet, British Columbia, stands to unite man and Mother Nature, and it's offering a two-night stay for two in a one-bedroom Lodge Suite with this Escape ($299).
You'll also get a $50 food-and-beverage credit for use in Fetch Restaurant or Float Lounge, and a bottle of wine of your choice: red, white, or non-alcoholic.
The resort, a 2012 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice winner, blends seamlessly with its surroundings: Floor-to-ceiling windows seem to let the outside in, and blacks, grays, and creams adorn the smooth lines of the resort's sleek modern furnishings. Each of 133 suites is equipped with a state-of-the-art kitchen, a fireplace, a balcony, and a TV with DVD player, and bathrooms feature heated floors, rain showers, and soaker tubs.
When you aren't reveling in the plush amenities of your room, head for Pacific Rim National Park Reserve - Long Beach Unit just six miles up the coast. Crisscrossing the park are 23 miles of beach and hiking trails, where you'll encounter moss-covered bridges and boardwalks, an authentic totem pole erected by the Ucluelet First Nation, and old-growth stands of red cedar and western hemlock.
It's all enough to leave you famished, which is where the on-site Fetch Restaurant and Float Lounge come in. Serving three meals a day, Fetch focuses on fresh Pacific Northwest cuisine, which is often made with locally sourced and seasonal ingredients. Float, with its double-sided fireplace, offers the perfect place for a nightcap and a small plate before you go for an evening soak in the on-site hot tub.
Before you leave, head for the on-site Drift Spa, which makes use of the natural surroundings—think all-natural wild seaweed and rain-forest botanicals—in its variety of soothing treatments. It's the perfect way to bid farewell to this all-things-nature retreat on the edge of the continent.
"On a rocky ledge at the edge of a shallow inlet, Black Rock Resort is Ucluelet's first upscale, full-service resort, and its modern design and ambience is unexpected in this quiet village."-- Read Fodor's Review of Black Rock Oceanfront Lodge
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and subject to cancellation fees
- Based upon double occupancy
- Extra person fee of $20 per person applies over double occupancy
- Blackout dates are: November 9-11, December 15-January 2, March 29- April 1 (Easter)
- Credit Card required at time of booking
- Dinner reservation recommend for Fetch Restaurant
- Taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 15, 2013 • Enjoy By June 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 0% savings