The Rose City Comes to Life
River's Edge Hotel & Spa • Portland, OR
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Hillside King or Hillside Double King Room
- Daily Continental Breakfast for Two
- $40 Food-and-Beverage Credit at Aquariva
- Daily Parking
It's no surprise that Popular Science named Portland, Oregon, America's greenest city. From the Willamette River, which winds its way through town, to the flourishing network of hiking and biking trails that crisscross the region, to the trend-setting farm-to-fork food scene, Rose City is indeed green.
And the burgeoning South Waterfront District boasts a bit of everything: restaurants, mixed-use retail, parks, Green Buildings, and more. It's also home to the River's Edge Hotel & Spa, a 99-room luxury boutique hotel that boasts a bit of a green thumb itself.
Get a two-night stay for two in a Hillside King or Hillside Double King at this LEED-certified property ($229). You'll also get daily breakfast for two, a $40 food-and-beverage credit at the on-site Aquariva, complimentary Wi-Fi, and daily parking.
Each 343-square foot Hillside Room is drenched in natural sunlight and appointed with a Sealy Posturepedic mattress draped in luxury linens, an MP3 hookup, and contemporary furnishings, including a couple of lounge chairs, an ottoman, and a work desk.
Just outside the hotel, the South Waterfront District has come to life over the last couple of years thanks to an influx of locally owned businesses. Pop into the bustling Daily Cafe for a cup of Stumptown joe and a seasonally inspired organic lunch. Check out the latest fashions at Stylefront, then stroll the South Waterfront Greenway, which follows the river and offers several benches for walkers to take it all in.
Back at the hotel, tuck into dinner at Aquariva. Overlooking the river, this Northwest-minded restaurant dishes up a well-edited menu of Italian-inspired dishes and a hefty selection of wine. Start with the house-made salumi board, move on to pappardelle pasta with braised short ribs, and finish with local pan-seared trout. Oh, and coconut panna cotta? That's the way to really finish a meal here.
For a bit of pampering the following day, the spa offers indulgent treatments like the Lemon Sugar Scrub, the Chocolate Coconut Body Wrap, and the Berry Beautiful Body Polish. The locker rooms come complete with a whirlpool, steam room and sauna, complimentary tea, and fresh fruit.
All of this, plus a couple of days of much-needed relaxation, and everything is coming up, well, roses.
"The staff was so accomodating and friendly. The guest room was comfortable and luxurious. The continental breakfast was amazing. The spa services made me feel like a queen. Every minute that I spent at this hotel was fabulous."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 3 additional as gifts
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based on double occupancy
- Taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates: 11/9-11/10, 12/31
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2013 • Enjoy By January 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 42% savings