Lingering in Antebellum Louisiana
Nottoway Plantation and Resort • White Castle, LA
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays to Thursdays, in a King or Double-Queen Cottage Room ($142)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays, in a King or Double-Queen Cottage Room ($174)
- Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Champagne
- Guided Mansion Tour for Two and Rural Life Museum Passes for Two
- $40 Dinner Credit
The hand-carved mantles and stately oak trees of Nottoway Plantation and Resort harken back to times of both war and peace—in fact, the grand Louisiana estate survived the battering Civil War before being restored to the picturesque sanctuary it is today.
Slip into the serenity of this grand plantation when you Escape for a one-night stay for two, Sundays to Thursdays ($142) or Fridays and Saturdays ($174), in a king or double-queen cottage room with an included breakfast for two at the property's Creole-inspired restaurant. Located in White Castle, Louisiana, the Nottoway lies between Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
Completed in 1859, Nottoway boasts 53,000 square feet of Greek Revival and Italianate-style architecture sprinkled with hand-carved Corinthian columns and 19th-century crystal chandeliers. Pop open your included bottle of bubbly and take in the ambiance of your tastefully appointed room, which offers modern amenities like complimentary Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV. Later, explore the historic mansion with your included guided tour for two.
"Nottoway is everything you want in a dazzling Old South mansion. Dating from 1858, it's the largest existing plantation house in the South, a mammoth structure with 64 rooms and pillars to rival the White House's," says Frommer's.
For those looking to hit the history of the surrounding area, your stay includes two passes to the Rural Life Museum—one of the "Top 10 Outdoor Museums in the World," according to the British Museum. Later, indulge in a gourmet meal from The Mansion Restaurant at Nottoway with your included $40 dining credit.
Located on the ground floor of the mansion's magnificent rotunda, the restaurant features stunning views of century-old oak trees. It serves dishes like the Cajun 3-Step, a chicken-and-sausage jambalya with fried Gulf shrimp and crawfish étouffée, in a beautifully restored turn-of-the-century dining room.
After dinner, take a stroll around Nottoway's enchanting grounds, sparkling throughout with lighted foliage and bask in the glow of a truly breathtaking Southern plantation experience.
"This was a surprise anniversary trip that was delightful in every way—from our arrival, where we were welcomed as though we were returning home, to the Champagne chilled in our room. Dinner was superb, offering all sorts of unique dishes."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are Christmas Eve and Day, NYE, Super Bowl and Mardi Gras
- Based upon double occupancy
- Room type based on availability
- Upgrade to a Pond Cottage for $20 per night or a Mansion Room for $50 per night, due at booking and subject to availability
- No pets allowed
- Check-in is 2:30 p.m. and checkout is 1 1.am.
- Taxes of 11% + 9% gratuity not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings