Marveling at Machu Picchu and the Incan Empire
Cox & Kings, The Americas • Lima, Peru
- A Nine-Day Trip to Peru, Including:
- Round-Trip, Non-Stop International Flights from Miami ($2,495 per Person) or Los Angeles ($2,695 per Person) to Lima and Domestic Flights Within Peru
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airports to Hotels and Sightseeing Destinations
- Six Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations in Deluxe Hotels
- Seven Breakfasts and One Lunch
- English-Speaking Guide Throughout
- Sightseeing in the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and Cusco
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
When you stand atop the ridge overlooking the Sacred Valley, views of the towering Andes and the misty jungles below will take your breath away. Turn around and you'll find one of the few man-made monuments that doesn't suffer by comparison: the Lost City of Machu Picchu.
Embark on your dream getaway—and immerse yourself in a pageant of history and culture while you're at it—with this Escape: a nine-day trip through Peru, including round-trip flights from Miami ($2,495 per person) or Los Angeles ($2,695 per person), courtesy of Cox & Kings, The Americas.* The package also includes domestic flights via LAN Airlines within Peru, round-trip ground transportation, six nights of double-occupancy accommodations at luxury hotels, seven breakfasts and one lunch, and an English-speaking guide throughout.
The non-stop, overnight flight from the U.S. touches down in Lima, where you'll spend an evening at Casa Andina Private Collection Miraflores. Rise the next morning for another plane to Cusco, then catch a ride to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. You'll spend three days exploring picturesque Andean towns, agricultural terraces, and archaeological sites from your home base at the Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel.
Your time in the Sacred Valley will begin with a visit to Awana Kancha, which roughly translates to "weaving palace." You'll see each stage of Andean textile production in action, starting with shearing llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas. Watch the shorn fibers go through the weaving and dying process on the way to becoming Peru's famous wools. A visit to the famous craft market in Pisac will round out the day.
The next morning, head to Maras, the site of important Incan and Colonial-era salt ponds that provided for the region. From there, it's off to Moray to explore the impressive assemblage of ancient agricultural terraces constructed by the Incas. You'll return to the hotel after sunset and spend the evening and following day at leisure.
When it's time to depart the Sacred Valley, board a train bound for Machu Picchu, the Lost City of the Incas and Peru's most famous destination. So astounding is Machu Picchu that Lonely Planet named it one of the world's most iconic human-made structures, joining the likes of the Pyramids at Giza and the Great Wall of China.
The site is comprised of a magnificent ancient citadel; a network of temples, parks, and dwellings; and intricate dry-stone architecture. At an elevation of nearly 7,710 feet, this city was concealed from the conquering Spaniards and only rediscovered in 1911, nearly 500 years after its construction began. After a tour of the site, you'll sit down to lunch at the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, then transfer to the Casa Andina Private Collection Cusco.
The following day, you'll discover the Imperial City of Cusco with the help of your guide. Visit the Old Town's Loreto Alley and its towering walls, the Santo Domingo cathedral that was once the gilded Koricancha sun temple, and the beautiful colonial church in San Blas. If you've got designs on some additional sightseeing, roam the old quarters of the city in your leisure time. The next morning, you'll fly back to Lima to catch your return plane to the U.S.
As you relive your journey on the overnight flight home, you'll agree—this Escape to Peru is the stuff of legends.
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print). Departure dates: January 20 and 27; February 3, 10, 17, and 24; and March 3, 10, and 17, 2013.
"The massive Inca stone structures, the formidable backdrop of steep sugarloaf hills, and the Urubamba river winding far below have made Machu Picchu the iconic symbol of Peru. It's a mystical city and one of the world's must-see destinations."-- Read Fodor's Review of Machu Picchu
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by December 10, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Departure dates are January 20, January 27, February 3, February 10, February 17, February 24, March 3, March 10, and March 17; all dates are subject to availability
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $775 per person will be collected at booking
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.coxandkingsusa.com/terms&conditions
- All prices are per person and based on double occupancy
- Groups will be canceled with 9 or less participants
- Rate for extra nights is available upon request; Hiram Bingham Train upgrade available upon request; subject to availability and must be confirmed at booking
- Voucher includes round-trip ground transportation between airports, hotels, and sightseeing destinations, six nights of double-occupancy accommodations, seven breakfasts and one lunch, an English-speaking guide throughout, sightseeing in the Sacred Valley, Urubamba Valley, Machu Picchu, and Cusco
- Voucher does not include US and Foreign airport taxes, Passport and visa fees (if applicable), gratuities to drivers, local guides, etc, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, costs for anything not specified above
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 32% savings