Old World Opulence in Central Europe
Key Tours International • Prague, Czech Republic
- A Seven-Day Trip to Prague and Budapest for One Guest on Select Dates, Including:
- Three-Star Accommodations at Ibis Budapest Centrum or Ibis Budapest City and Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square or Prague Center Hotel With ($1,805) or Without ($675) Round-Trip Flights from JFK
- Or, Four-Star Accommodations at Mercure Budapest Metropol or Best Western Hotel Hungaria and Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town or Hotel Clement With ($1,885) or Without ($755) Round-Trip Flights from JFK
- Or, Five-Star Accommodations at Hotel Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge or InterContinental Budapest and Hilton Prague Old Town or Prague Marriott Hotel With ($2,120) or Without ($990) Round-Trip Flights from JFK
- First-Class Train Tickets from Prague to Budapest
- Daily Continental or Buffet Breakfast
- Half-Day Sightseeing Tour of Prague and Budapest
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotel
- Local Taxes, Service Charges, and ASTA TOP Tour Operator Travel Funds Protection Program
- Rate is Per Person Based on Double Occupancy; Single Occupancy Requires an Additional Fee
Free of the summer tourists, Prague and Budapest are quite romantic during the winter: Centuries-old architecture looks different when the air is crisp and those cozy cafés along cobblestone streets are even more inviting. And during December, the Christmas markets of Central Europe compose a festive atmosphere filled with rich eats and merry treats—from handcrafted Hungarian ornaments to "trdelník"—a traditional Czech pastry.
Opt for Old World charm through the holidays and into the new year, courtesy of Key Tours International, and spend three nights in Prague followed by three nights in Budapest (select dates with or without round-trip flights from JFK*).
"Each year, the [holiday] festivities attract thousands, who come not just to soak in the atmosphere and do a little pre-holiday shopping but to also sample some of the local culinary delights, including homemade gingerbread, sausages and the ever-popular trdelník roll, a sweet doughy pastry smothered in cinnamon and sugar," says The New York Times. "At the center of all this sparkling seasonal glitz is Prague's stunning Old Town Square, which transforms into a wondrous Dickensian scene... with roasting chestnuts, pigs on a spit, costumed carolers, and horse-drawn carriages."
Once you arrive, you'll be transported to your accommodations in the capital of the Czech Republic. Spend the remainder of the day exploring the sites—including the city's countless cathedrals—at your leisure. The following morning, embark on an included tour of the historic district. Check out the towering Christmas tree of Old Town Square, shipped in from the Krkonoše mountains, or stroll through the legendary Prague Castle before taking an optional cruise along the Vltava River—the longest river in the Czech Republic.
The next day, a first-class train ride will deliver you to Budapest. Rated number seven by Forbes on the magazine's list of "Europe's Most Idyllic Places to Live," you'll discover the city via an included tour of Heroes' Square, the Millennium Memorial, the Opera House, St. Stephen's Basilica, and the Parliament.
"Budapest—a city of thermal baths, cafés, striking turn-of-the-century architecture, and most of all, a city of the Danube, 'whose gentle waves,' according to the great Hungarian poet Attila József, 'embrace past, present, and future,'" says National Geographic Traveler. "Straddling the wide river, which separates hilly Buda from level Pest, the Hungarian capital offers one of the most striking metropolitan panoramas in Europe."
And when the city is all lit up, mingling in the land of Bohemian crystal becomes, quite frankly, magical.
For additional information, view the full itinerary.
*Dates: December 17 to March 13, 2013 Without Flights; February 15 to 28, 2013 With Flights
"... the popularity of Prague as one of Europe’s premier tourist destinations shows no signs of slowing down... the Czech capital’s combination of a thrilling history and glorious architectural overachievement remains as compelling as ever."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel without flights from December 17 to March 13, 2013 and with flights between February 15 to 28, 2013; all dates are subject to availability
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Please book as early as you can, and in any event no later than December 10, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and $150 for any date changes
- Blackout dates include departures from December 26, 2012-January 1, 2013; available for a supplement (this is only applicable to departures during this period – if the travel arrangements include these dates but they don't depart on any of them then supplements do not apply)
- The cost of all airline tickets and airport taxes are non-refundable after a booking is confirmed with Key Tours International
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $340 for 3 Three Star; $420 for Four Star; $590 for Five Star, all prices are per person collected at time of booking
- Voucher includes 3 nights accommodation in Prague and 3 nights accommodation in Budapest, daily continental breakfast, half day sightseeing tour of Prague and Budapest, first-class train tickets from Prague to Budapest, arrival and departure transfers, local taxes and service charges, ASTA TOP tour operator travel funds protection program
- Voucher does not include passport and visa fees, gratuities to drivers and local guides, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, personal expenses, optional tours
- Airline tax and fuel surcharges included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 13, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 13, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 13, 2013 • Enjoy By March 13, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 47% savings