Fresh Sea Air in The Seaside Town of Southport
The Alexandra and Victoria Hotel • Merseyside, United Kingdom
- One- (£49) or Two-Night (£89) Stay for Two People
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Dinner for Two on One Evening of Stay
- Full Use of Leisure and Spa Facilities
According to local legend, Southport got its name when hotelier William Sutton—affectionately known as The Mad Duke—invited his friend Dr Miles Barton to stay at the new bathing house he'd built. After a rambunctious party, Barton stood to toast the town (known at the time as South Hawes) and got as far as "To South—" before his attention wandered to the contents of his glass and he added, "Port?". Toast to a great Escape with a stay at the Alexandra and Victoria Hotel.
Since then, the town has enjoyed a reputation as a place for a little R and R, and you don't have to wait for a public speaking invite to experience it for yourself with a break for one night stay for two people at £49 (up to £112 in value) or opt for an encore two-night break for £89 (up to £215.95 in value).
When you return for dinner, you'll dine like a guest speaker on dishes such as duck liver parfait on toasted brioche or lamb rump with pumpkin and vanilla puree and port jus, and if you return on your second night, there is wine to accompany it. This Escape includes a full English breakfast.
You'll check into the Grade II-listed hotel on Southport's famous Promenade, and enjoy a location ideal for some bargain hunting. You'll find antiques and collectables under the stained glass Victorian arcade and along Lord Street Boulevard—where Napoleon is said to have stayed in 1846 and loved the tree-lined road so much he borrowed the concept for Paris—or head for Wesley Street and its charming pastel-fronted sweet, cake, and wool shops. Dabble in Southport's original draw—bathing—in the pool, so unlike Barton, you'll leave with a clear head.
"Just 20 miles north of Liverpool [Southport] is a traditional Victorian seaside town—but with a contemporary twist. It combines beautiful beaches, family attractions and the UK’s oldest iron pier with fantastic shopping."-- Visit Southport
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation - bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Reservation is subject to availability - stay must be completed by December 13, 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Multiple vouchers cannot be used over consecutive nights
- Deal based on double occupancy
- Voucher includes Daily Full English Breakfast, Dinner for Two on One Evening of Stay, and Full Use of Leisure and Spa Facilities
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01704 530072/01704 548549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 13, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 13, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 13, 2013 • Enjoy By December 13, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 56% savings