Exploring Wiltshire's Historical Charms
BEST WESTERN Red Lion Hotel • Wiltshire, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two (£89); or Three- (£170) or Four-Night (£185) Easter Break for Two
- Daily Breakfast
- Bottle of Wine If Dining in the Hotel Restaurant
Wiltshire is famous for its ancient, historic places; Stonehenge, Avebury Stone Circle, Salisbury Cathedral. But there is a historic place that is less well-known, one that was built in 1220 for the stonemasons constructing Salisbury Cathedral—the BEST WESTERN Red Lion Hotel.
Reputed to be the oldest hotel in Europe, a two-night stay for two people is just £89 (up to a £197.10 value). Alternatively, stay during the Easter break—Friday March 29 to April 1—for three nights for £170 (up to a £288.10 value), or four nights for £185 (up to a £379.10 value). The characterful hotel in the centre of Salisbury was originally the White Bear Inn, and in the Middle Ages, there was a cage and ducking stool in the water outside where nags and cheats were punished. No need to fear; that medieval treatment has long gone, and the charming hotel now provides high-quality service with all the modern amenities you need for a comfortable Escape in the beautifully appointed rooms.
The Vine Restaurant offers fine cuisine such as lime, coriander, and soy-infused swordfish—if you choose to dine on three courses on any night, you will receive a bottle of house wine. Relax in the elegant 1220 Bar where the post office once stood, and enjoy a real ale or cognac by the log fire overlooking the courtyard. Breakfast is included.
Take a four-minute stroll to Salisbury Cathedral, one of the most striking medieval cathedrals in Britain with the tallest spire, or drive 15 minutes to Stonehenge to see the most famous stone circle in the world. Finish the day with a visit to isolated Old Sarum, an Iron Age hill fort and the original settlement of Salisbury.
This Escape is for two people, with availability for all seven days of the week. Upgrades are available to feature rooms and suites for £20 per room, per night. Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Browse interesting independent shops in the market towns; stroll around quintessential English hamlets such as Lacock and Castle Combe; or discover an outstanding collection of stately homes and gardens."-- Visit Wiltshire
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by April 30, 2013
- Voucher excludes 14 February and 16 February 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Standard room
- Upgrade to feature rooms and suites; subject to availability. £20 supplement applies, payable directly to the hotel
- Option B/C: Valid for the period 29 March 1 April only
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Wi-Fi included
- Voucher includes: Daily Breakfast, Bottle of Wine If Dining in the Hotel Restaurant
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01722 32 33 34 or email reception@the redlion.co.uk prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings