Haunted Hotel from Stephen King's The Shining
The Stanley Hotel • Estes Park, CO
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Classic Guest Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($99) or Fridays and Saturdays ($129)
- $15 Credit for Cascades Restaurant
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Three Nights
In the shadow of The Needles peak on 55 yawning acres, The Stanley Hotel of Estes Park, Colorado, has a reputation as widespread as the Rockies. A stay at the imposing Georgian Revival property—its white exterior in stark contrast to the deep green landscape—inspired Stephen King's best-selling horror novel The Shining.
The lovingly preserved hotel hasn't changed much in the intervening years—cavernous hallways and a gracious ballroom are sublime reminders of its original era. Guest rooms remain as grand as ever, with stately furnishings, plush bedding, and oversized windows. But be sure to keep alert no matter what chamber you stay in: Many of its first residents, though seldom seen, linger a century later.
Just listen for the sound of the owner's wife playing piano in the Music Room, or children laughing as they scurry up and down the halls of the fourth floor. The Stanley's original housekeeper still rearranges the furniture in iconic Room 217 from time to time. None of these folks are still alive, of course, but they make for friendly company when you find yourself alone inside America's original haunted hotel.
Beyond The Stanley, Estes Park, Colorado, is a natural haven for outdoor enthusiasts and a gateway to the Rocky Mountain National Park. Although only 6,000 people make their permanent homes here, the town welcomes nearly three million visitors per year to hike the Bear Lake Trailhead, fish on Lone Pine Lake, and play in the winter snowfall. But if you'd like to put your feet up, there's plenty of relaxation in this mountain outpost, too; intimate art exhibits, casual dining, and cozy nightlife succeed at making inside as great as out.
All work and no play would make anyone dull. Indulge your fun-loving side by snowshoeing through Rocky Mountain National Park with a group from the Estes Park Mountain Shop, or drive an hour south to hit the slopes of Eldora Mountain Resort. Later, pass the twilight hours in the hotel's sculpture garden before pulling up a seat at Cascades for an exquisite steak dinner.
When the moon rises, brave guests can gather their wits for a spirited tour of the property's haunted history, learning about the paranormal phenomena and wandering the Concert Hall—where ghosts are most active—in the pitch black of night.
"The Stanley is one of Colorado's great old hotels, impeccably maintained in its historic state, yet with all the modern conveniences. The hotel that inspired Stephen King's novel The Shining conducts historical and 'ghost' tours daily."-- Read Fodor's Review of The Stanley Hotel
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per purchaser, 1 additional as a gift
- Up to three (3) vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Reservations must be made by: April 15, 2013
- Haunted rooms, upgrades and condos may be available at time of reservation for an additional fee; please inquire with merchant at time of reservation
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Stay must be completed by: June 6, 2013
- Blackout date(s): March 23-26, 2013; April 3-4, 2013; April 12-14, 2013; April 18-20, 2013; April 25-26, 2013; May 2-4, 2013; May 17-21, 2013; May 25-26 , 2013
- Based upon double occupancy
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes one $15 food and beverage credit at Cascades (Cascades credit cannot be redeemed for cash and unused credits cannot be applied to reservation or be refunded)
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 6, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 6, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 6, 2013 • Enjoy By June 6, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings