Rock the Kasbahs of Morocco
Encounters Travel • Marrakech, Morocco
- A Ten-Day Tour of Morocco ($2,099 to $2,299 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from JFK Airport to Marrakech Airport via Royal Air Maroc
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotel and Itinerary Destinations
- Nine Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations
- Eight Breakfasts and Eight Dinners
- English-Speaking Tour Guides Throughout
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
From the heat of the teeming marketplaces in Marrakech to the cool climes of Berber villages in the Atlas Mountains, Morocco is a land of dizzying extremes. But for adventurous travelers looking for the ride of a lifetime, a trip through this North African country is nothing but high notes.
Lose yourself in the labyrinthine streets of Marrakech, where medieval history continues to define the frenetic present. Cultural landmarks—including the Koutoubia Mosque and Jemaa el-Fna square—help set the stage, but it's the stalls and alleys of the Medina marketplace where the real show takes place, as residents haggle over everything from cuisine to crafts.
Outside the city the atmosphere is far more serene. Starting with the sand-swept Sahara all the way to the snow-capped Atlas Mountains, the landscape holds treasures of all varieties, from the captivating kasbahs in the fortified city of Alt Benhaddou to the jaw-dropping natural scenery of Dades Canyon and Todra Gorge.
Put Morocco on the top of your list with this ten-day tour of Morocco, courtesy of Encounters Travel.
day 1: Board your overnight flight from JFK Airport to Marrakech Airport via Royal Air Maroc.
day 2: You'll touch down at Marrakech Airport, then catch your transfer to the Golden Tulip Farah Marrakech. English-speaking guides will introduce you to the area and get you settled at the hotel, where you'll spend the next two nights. Dinner provided.
day 3: Begin the day with a trip to the iconic Koutoubia Mosque, topped by a minaret that has become a symbol of Marrakech. From there, you'll visit Saadian Tombs and the Bahia Palace, both known for geometric mosaics and intricate craftsmanship that exemplify Islamic architecture. The afternoon brings you to the souks—marketplaces filled with bustling stalls and delicious food—around Jemaa el-Fna and the lively square itself. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 4: In the morning, you'll hop on a sightseeing bus for the spectacular drive across the Tizi n'Ticha pass, the highest in North Africa at an elevation of 7,415 feet. Continue onward to UNESCO World Heritage Site Ait Benhaddou, Morocco's most famous kasbah. After admiring this fortress carved from cliff rock, head for Ouarzazate, known as "the place of no noise." Just south of the Atlas Mountains, the town is perched on a desolate plateau on the fringes of the Sahara Desert. Its dramatic landscape provided the setting for many major films, but you'll spend the night at the Kenzi Azghor Hotel. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 5: Take a route known as "the road of 1,000 kasbahs" to the Amerhidel Kasbah then onto Boulmane, where you'll see the impressive Dades Canyon and sweeping views from its ledges. You'll move onto Tinehir for one evening at Hotel Saghro. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 6: Start the day with a visit to the magnificent Todra Gorge, then resume the drive through the Atlas Mountains. You'll leave the bus behind in favor of 4WD vehicles to traverse the sands of Merzouga. Watch the sun set over these surreal dunes, then settle into a traditional Berber tent camp for a night sleeping under the stars. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 7: You'll eat breakfast with your Berber hosts, then climb back into 4WD vehicles to resume driving through the dunes to Rissani, final resting place of the founder of the Alaouita Dynasty. Here you'll switch back to bus travel on your way to the oasis town of Arfoud, located in the Sahara Desert of eastern Morocco. The final stop of the day is Zagora and the Palais Asmaa, your home for the evening. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 8: The morning begins with a drive across the imposing Draa Valley and back to Ouarzazate. Along the way, you'll stop at the village of Tamegroute—an important site for Sufi Muslims—then cross through the Tizi n'Ticha pass returning to Marrakech. The following two nights will be spent at the Golden Tulip Farah Marrakech. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 9: The last day in Marrakech is yours to spend as you please, returning to the Golden Tulip Farah Marrakech in the evening. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 10: Catch a transfer to the Marrakech Airport, where you'll board a return flight to New York. Flights depart Morocco in the morning and arrive in the US in the late afternoon. Breakfast provided.
JFK departures: June 7 ($2,099 per person); June 21 ($2,259 per person); July 5 ($2,259 per person); July 19 ($2,259 per person); August 2 ($2,259 per person); August 16 ($2,259 per person); August 30 ($2,259 per person); September 13 ($2,299 per person); September 27 ($2,299 per person)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"Marrakech is too packed with mind-boggling distractions and labyrinthine alleyways to adhere to boring linear logic. If you did have a destination, you’d only be waylaid by snake charmers and out-of-control donkey carts."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Vouchers must be redeemed by April 10, 2013 to guarantee promotional price. If vouchers are not redeemed by this date a supplement may be charged to cover higher flight costs
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.encounterstravel.com/booking_conditions.php
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name(s) exactly as given on your passport(s)
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $199
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Voucher includes round-trip ground transportation from airport to hotel and itinerary destinations, nine nights of double-occupancy accommodations, eight breakfasts, eight dinners, English-speaking tour guides throughout, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel and entrance fees
- Single travelers may choose to pay a single room supplement to guarantee themselves a single room throughout the tour. Alternatively, you may choose to share a twin room with another traveler of the same sex. If there are no other single travelers available to pair up with at the time of booking, then you will need to pay the single room supplement. Encounters Travel will refund this later if they are able to pair people together. Room shares are arranged in order of voucher redemption Travel insurance covering medical costs and repatriation for medical reasons is mandatory; policy details must be provided to Encounter Travels at least 1 month before departure (policy number, name of the issuing company, and the policy emergency contact details); travel insurance covering cancellation and baggage is recommended but not mandatory. A comprehensive policy is available from Encounters Travel for $40 per person; view all details at www.encounterstravel.com/travel_insurance.php
- Voucher does not include visa fees (required for US citizens and the responsibility of the traveler to arrange), travel insurance, meals not indicated in the itinerary, drinks, snacks, gratuities and other personal expenses
- Hotels are subject to change to based on availability
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 15, 2013 • Enjoy By October 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings