Turquoise Waters and Golden Temples in Thailand
Globotours • Bangkok, Thailand
- An Eight-Day Trip to Bangkok and Phuket, Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from IAH, LAX, SFO, IAD, or JFK International Airports to Bangkok
- Accommodations for Three Nights at The Sukhothai Bangkok in a Superior Room and Three Nights at the Angsana Laguna Phuket in a Laguna Room
- Round-Trip Shared Transfers
- Flight from Bangkok to Phuket
- Daily Breakfast
- Half-Day Bangkok City and Temple Tour
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Taxes, and Service Charges Included
Southeast Asia is a land where city streets hum with tireless motion and sugary beaches spill out toward the far reaches of sight. To travel beyond familiarity's borders, take a look at life from the other side of the planet—you'll get an eyeful on this eight-day Escape to Thailand from Globotours. Stretch your mind in Bangkok, Thailand's churning capital city. Here, urban life whirls through open-air flower markets, winding among silk peddlers and mingling with the curried aromas of street carts. The next leg of your trip brings you to the tropical beaches of Phuket, where the water is turquoise and the sandy shorelines stretch for miles.
The globe will never seem so big as it does on your first trip to Southeast Asia. And while you're busy discovering another world, you just might learn something about your own.
Day 1: Depart from IAH, LAX, SFO, IAD, or JFK International Airports on a flight to Bangkok.
Day 2: Touch down in Bangkok where you'll transfer to your luxurious accommodations at The Sukhothai Bangkok. Rooms recall the palatial salons of the ancient Thai capital of Sukhothai, and are furnished with the finest Thai silks and smooth teakwood.
Day 3: In the morning, visit three of the most famous Wats in Bangkok: Wat Traimit, Wat Pho, and Wat Benchamabophit. Wat Traimit houses a massive, solid-gold Buddha image; Wat Pho, which features the largest reclining Buddha image in the country, as well as the Chedi of the kings, is Bangkok's oldest and largest temple; and Wat Benchamabophit—a modern temple—is constructed from white Carrara marble, decorated with lacquer and gold. Afterward, you'll have the remainder of the day to do as you please.
Day 4: Explore the city at your leisure.
Day 5: Transfer to the airport for your flight to Phuket. Situated off the west coast of Thailand in the Andaman Sea, Phuket is the country's largest island. Upon your arrival, head to the Angsana Laguna Phuket for check-in. With its stately arched roofs, free-flowing spaces, and on-site waterways, this elegant resort reflects the best of traditional Thai architecture.
Days 6 to 7: You'll have two full days to relax, shop, and tour this stunning island at your leisure.
Day 8: Head to the airport to board your return flight.
IAH International Airport departures: April 1 to May 31 ($2,499); September 9 to October 24 ($2,499)
LAX International Airport departures: April 1 to May 31 ($2,399); September 9 to October 24 ($2,399)
SFO International Airport departures: April 1 to May 31 ($2,299); September 9 to October 24 ($2,299); September 11 ($2,099); October 7 ($2,199)
IAD International Airport departures: September 9 to October 24 ($2,499)
JFK International Airport departures: September 9 to October 24 ($2,499)
"With a long coastline (well, actually, two coastlines) and jungle-topped islands anchored in azure waters, Thailand is a tropical getaway for the hedonist and the hermit, the prince and the pauper."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by April 13, 2013
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see globotours.net/Terms.aspx
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $650
- Voucher includes accommodations for three nights at the Sukhothai Bangkok in a superior room, three nights at the Angsana Laguna Phuket in a laguna room, round-trip shared transfers, flight from Bangkok to Phuket, daily breakfast, half-day Bangkok City and Temple Tour, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel taxes, and service charges
- Voucher does not include passport and visa fees, all passengers must have a passport valid for a minimum of 6 months beyond the completion of travel (please contact your local Thai Consulate for exact requirements, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, gratuities to drivers, local guides, and costs for anything not specified on the deal
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Stays must be completed within date range purchased
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 24, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 24, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 24, 2013 • Enjoy By October 24, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings