Boutique Charm Historic Romance in Old San Juan
The Gallery Inn • San Juan, Puerto Rico
- A Three-Night Stay for Two in a Colonial Room, Arriving Sundays through Tuesdays ($265)
- Or, a Three-Night Stay for Two in a Colonial Room, Arriving Wednesdays through Saturdays ($291)
- Dinner for Two (One Appetizer, Two Entrées, One Dessert, and Two House Drinks)
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Six Nights
Puerto Rico is a playground for the senses. Daytime brings abundant Caribbean sunshine while rum dazzles the taste buds. At night, the bay waters light up and a chorus of coquí frogs provides the soundtrack. Trek through the mist of El Yunque National Forest, parting dense foliage to reveal crashing waterfalls, then take a nighttime kayak trip on Laguna Grande bioluminescent bay. Quench your thirst for culture while wandering the streets of Old San Juan, stopping for a look around Castillo de San Cristóbal and El Morro fortresses, then tour a distillery and indulge in a rum tasting at Casa Bacardi. Exhilarating. Magical. Jaw-dropping. You'd need a dictionary to describe an experience like this, but we'll bet the first word that comes to mind is "wow."
Perched atop the Old City's north wall overlooking San Juan Bay, The Gallery Inn mixes boutique style with centuries of history, creating a one-of-a-king hospitality experience. Originally a colonial mansion built more than 300 years ago, the inn has been re-imagined by artist and owner Jan D'Esopo, who's left much of the original architectural elements of this labyrinthine property intact, including the stone floors, imposing archways, and ausubo wood beams. A grand piano graces the Venetian-style music room, books and art line the walls, the orchid garden beckons guests to sit and read for a spell, and the sculpture-lined swimming pool offers a respite from the heat. There's even a garden from which the on-site restaurant sources much of its herbs and vegetables.
At 23,000 square feet, the inn is divided into 22 spacious rooms, each uniquely decorated with original artwork, rich colonial-style furnishings, and beautiful rugs. Colonial Rooms are slightly larger than the standard Artist Rooms and feature a full-size bed, plus a patio, balcony, or terrace that opens onto the interior gardens.
• Tuck into dinner for two—which might include crab turnovers, braised pork, and caramel flan—in the atomspheric dining room
• Peruse the boutique shops of Condado
• Explore the military forts of Old San Juan
• Hook a big one with Sea Born Fishing Charters
"Nothing like this rambling, eclectic inn exists anywhere else in San Juan—or Puerto Rico, for that matter."-- Read Fodor's Review of The Gallery Inn
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and October 17, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Airfare not included
- 18% hotel tax and tariff, as well as restaurant gratuities, are not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): July 5-6 and August 30-31
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 17, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 17, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 17, 2013 • Enjoy By October 17, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms