In Des Moines, Water Park Fun for the Whole Family
Ramada Tropics Resort & Conference Center • Des Moines, IA
- A One-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in a Non-Poolside Room ($87) or a Poolside Room ($91), Sundays through Thursdays
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in a Non-Poolside Room ($115) or a Poolside Room ($129), with Friday Check-In
- Four Water Park Passes
- Two Adult Breakfasts and Two Kids' Breakfasts
Des Moines is more than just Iowa's state capital. Home to more than 500,000 people, it's the largest city in the state and serves as its cultural epicenter, boasting world-class institutions you'd find in cities twice its size. Catch a Broadway show at the Des Moines Performing Arts Center, or a production at the 40-year-old Des Moines Metro Opera. Take in the architecture of the Des Moines Art Center, designed by I.M. Pei, and be sure to pass by the 23-karat gold leafed dome of the Iowa State Capitol. And at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, you'll have access to one of the largest collections of tropical plants in the Midwest. Is it any wonder they call this the Heartland?
Whether for business or pleasure, the recently renovated Ramada Tropics Resort & Conference Center offers something for every traveler, boasting 8,000 square feet of meeting space as well as an 18,000-square-foot indoor water park, the only such amusement park of its kind in Des Moines. Located just off Interstates 80 and 35, just a few miles north of downtown, this family resort also offers an excellent bar and grill, plus a poolside tiki bar for adults. Rooms are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi and appointed with two queen beds, a mini-fridge and microwave, and a 37-inch flat-screen TV.
After breakfast in the morning, head for Buccaneer Bay Indoor Water Park, filled with 18,000 square feet of aquatic thrills. The kids will love the park's three pools, pirate ship, and water slides, while adults can relax at the Tiki Bar or in the hot tub. For a midday pick-me-up, head to Castaway's Bar & Grill for a selection of salads and sandwiches, like the One-Eyed Mike's Tropical Melt—grilled chicken breast on grilled pineapple bread with Provolone cheese, fresh strawberries, and pineapple rings.
"The water park was so fun for the kids! The rooms were clean and quiet, even on the first floor pool-side. Breakfast buffet was tasty and staff was very helpful and friendly. We'll definitely be back!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 5 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays January 31, 2014; must book by January 15, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes breakfast for four (two adults and two kids, 10yrs and under) at Castaways Restaurant, four waterpark passes (up to 2 additional water park passes can be purchased per room, available at $10 each)
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for up to 4 guests
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy: you must cancel by 4pm the day prior to scheduled arrival or fee up to LivingSocial price applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- 12% taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 21 or over to check-in
- Blackout date(s): November 27-28, 2013; December 23, 2013 – January 2, 2014; January 19, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2014 • Enjoy By January 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings