Small-Town Serenity at This Celebrated Historic Inn
The Griswold Inn • Essex, CT
- A One-Night Stay For Two in a Standard Room, Sundays Through Thursdays from March 13 to May 26 ($119) or Fridays from March 18 to April 29, 2016 ($129)
- Continental Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Innkeeper's Reserve Wine Upon Departure
- Blackout Date Applies
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Three Nights
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
The accolades continue to roll in for the small town of Essex and this historic inn, which is as old as the country itself.
With its quaint, tree-lined streets, restored homes, harbor views, and colonial charm, the small town of Essex, Connecticut, halfway between New York and Boston, seems frozen in time. It's little wonder that 1,000 Places to See Before You Die named it the "Perfect Small American Town." Of course, the village has not always been so tranquil—it was a notorious haven for privateers during the War of 1812, until British troops raided the harbor and set the privateers' ships ablaze. Today, that hard-fought history is on display at every turn, from the town's museums to Main Street. Essex also serves as a great base for exploring the surrounding towns along the Long Island Sound and the Connecticut River Valley.
Established in 1776, The Griswold Inn is one of the oldest continuously operated inns in the country, and it played a significant role in the British raid on Essex. Hailed by New York Magazine as "the real McCoy," this 33-room inn is situated right on Main Street. Rooms feature antique furnishings and fine reproductions like four-poster beds, with views of charming village life and glimpses of water peeking through picture windows—the majestic Connecticut River is a mere 50 yards from the inn's front door.
Come dinnertime at the inn, savor a selection of seasonal dishes such as rotisserie chicken pot pie, braised beef short ribs, or seared Atlantic salmon. Wash it down with a selection from the inn's award-winning wine list or a pint of the signature Revolutionary Ale. Afterwards, enjoy nightly live music when you cozy up to the fireplace at the on-site Tap Room, featured in Esquire's Best Bars in America list. The inn's Wine Bar, which serves over 50 wines by the glass and offers a more contemporary culinary experience, received an Award of Excellence in 2015 from Wine Spectator magazine—yet another accolade for this beloved locale.
• Taxes and resort fees are not included—you'll pay those directly to the property
• Blackout date: March 27, 2016
We loved the feel of the inn and had a very comfortable stay in our room. The room was well-kept and spacious. We also had drinks at the bar, which was very rustic and nice, and dinner. [...] Would definitely return.-- LivingSocial Member
An incredibly romantic inn with great food located in a town rich in history and culture. A must-see for everyone!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, up to 3 additional as gifts; up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for select stays from March 20 to May 26, 2016 (for Sunday to Thursday stays) and from March 25 to April 29, 2016 (for Friday stays)
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes continental breakfast for 2; and bottle of innkeeper's reserve wine upon departure
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): March 27, 2016
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 26, 2016 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 26, 2021 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 26, 2016 • Enjoy By May 26, 2016
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings