Wild Is Wonderful on the Gauley River
ACE Adventure Resort • Minden, WV
- A Two-Night Camping Trip for One at Mountain Top Campground with Your Own Tent, Equipment, and Supplies; Whitewater Rafting Along the Gauley River; a Zip-Line Tour; and Two Breakfasts, One Lunch, and One Dinner, Fridays and Saturdays Arriving on September 19, September 26, October 3, October 10, or October 17 ($167)
- Or, a One-Night Gauley Reverse Overnight Riverside Camping Trip for One at the ACE Riverside Camp with Provided Tent and Sleeping Pad; Whitewater Rafting Along the Upper and Lower Gauley River; and One Breakfast, Two Lunches, and One Dinner, Fridays or Saturdays Arriving on September 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, or 28, or October 3, 4, or 11 ($199)
- Experienced Guides Throughout
With "great guides," an "amazing" buffet, and "world-class rapids," you're in for an "unforgettable experience." —Raves from LivingSocial Members
Outdoor adventurers know you have to search far and wide to find true wilderness these days. When no municipal park will do, set out for the mountains of "Wild and Wonderful" West Virginia. About six hours west of Washington, DC—but only one hour south of Charleston—the Gauley River National Recreation Area covers more than 11,000 forested acres and 25 miles of whitewater rafting heaven. You won't find wilder, more consistent rapids anywhere in the eastern US.
To call ACE Adventure Resort "remote" would be an understatement. Let's put it this way: In addition to an address, the resort provides latitude and longitude coordinates to help you find it on the map. (Here's a tip: check the website for directions, as GPS systems usually get it wrong.) ACE enlists experienced guides to lead its rafting trips—after all, what would you expect from North America's largest adventure resort?
Two-Night Camping Trip
Bring your own tent, equipment, and supplies for two nights of camping at the Mountain Top Campground. After your first night of rest, you'll fuel up with a hot breakfast Saturday morning before embarking on a zip-line canopy tour that will have you soaring through the forest on zip-lines that cover more than 800 feet and are suspended up to ten stories above the ground. This tour features dual zip-lines with side-by-side action. Don't dally too long, though—you've still got a hot dinner and live musical entertainment to enjoy on Saturday night. The next morning, you'll enjoy a full day of whitewater rafting on the Upper or Lower Gauley River with the help of a veteran river guide.
One-Night Reverse Riverside Camping Trip
On this trip, you'll begin your adventure by rafting the Lower Gauley's Class III and IV rapids before breaking for lunch, then getting back in the water for more rafting. At night, dine on grilled nachos, a steak dinner, and melty s'mores before retiring to your provided private tent at ACE's riverside camp.
After breakfast, take off for the Upper Gauley's wild rapids before breaking for lunch again and concluding your epic trip.
"The location was perfect. We asked for a secluded camping spot and that is exactly what we got. Our tour guide for rafting was very personable and even sent us a postcard after our trip. Fabulous job, ACE!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for select stays now through October 19, 2014; see voucher and description for details
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Two-night rafting trip package: voucher includes camping for two nights with your own tent, equipment, and supplies, one full day of whitewater rafting on the Upper or Lower Gauley River, two hot breakfasts, riverside lunch, one zip-line tour, and dinner with live music or entertainment on Saturday night, and experienced guides throughout (voucher does not include camping gear or wetsuits)
- One-night reverse riverside trip package: voucher includes camping for one night with tent and sleeping pads provided, two full days of rafting on the Upper and Lower Gauley River, one breakfast, two lunches, and one dinner
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 1 guest
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Must be 12+ to raft on the Lower Gauley river and 15+ to raft on the Upper Gauley River
- Must sign a liability waiver to raft
- Wetsuits are available for an additional fee
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 19, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 19, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 19, 2014 • Enjoy By October 19, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings