The Little Castle of Downtown Berkeley
Berkeley City Club • Berkeley, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Queen Room, from Now to January 31, 2016 (Blackout Dates Apply)
- Continental Breakfast for Two
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Three Nights
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
Bay Area cool meets 1930s elegance at the Berkeley City Club, a hotel and private social club listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Berkeley is the mellow, intellectual middle child of the Bay Area family. North of Oakland and across the Golden Gate from San Francisco, this city has a reputation for being a low-key college town and home to some of the most enlightened thinkers in the Golden State. Along with the academic crowd comes an appreciation for cultural offerings, offbeat boutiques, and locally sourced cuisine. And did we mention its vast swaths of green space? It all comes together to create a downright delightful town.
Just one block from the downtown campus of UC Berkeley, the lovely Berkeley City Club is a historic landmark nicknamed The Little Castle. Once upon a time, Hearst Castle architect and key UC Berkeley architect Julia Morgan designed this building as a women's social club complete with verdant gardens, interior courtyards, a ballroom, and a heated indoor swimming pool. Its magical elegance has only grown in the intervening years. Make your way to your guest room, which is a television-free zone for supreme relaxation—though you can connect to free Wi-Fi on the property's first and second floors. A soft queen bed and views of the Berkeley Hills or San Francisco Bay will be waiting for you.
After a breakfast of bagels, house-made muffins and pastries, fruit, yogurt, juices, and Peet's coffee, spend some relaxing time in the heated pool. When you're ready to get out and about, just out the door and around the corner is excellent boutique shopping on Telegraph Avenue. The hotel is only six blocks from the Downtown Berkeley BART station and public transportation, in case you'd like to venture farther afield. In the evening, you can catch a live performance at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre, Cal Performances, or Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse—all within a half-mile of the hotel.
• Taxes, resort fees, and parking are not included—you'll pay those directly to the property
• Blackout dates: November 21 and 24-28; December 5, 8, 12, 19, and 31, 2015; January 1-5, 9, 16, 22-23, and 30, 2016
Berkeley City Club is a beautiful example of Julia Morgan's work. There were gardens and views to enjoy and a beautiful dining area to read the paper and have breakfast. Then, there is the swimming pool. So gorgeous and just the right temperature!-- LivingSocial Member
We absolutely LOVED staying here. [...] To be able to stay somewhere which has unique and fascinating architecture, magical little outdoor spaces, beautiful furnishings and carpets, and the exquisite charm of a by-gone era was such a treat.-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now to January 31, 2016
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes continental breakfast for 2
- Parking not included
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): November 21; November 24 to 28; December 5; December 8; December 12; December 19; December 31, 2015; January 1 to 5; January 9; January 16; January 22 to 23; and January 30, 2016
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 31, 2016 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2021 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2016 • Enjoy By January 31, 2016
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings