A Hot Springs Escape in the San Juans
Black Bear Manor • Ouray, CO
- A One- ($129) or Two-Night ($239) Stay for Two, Thursdays through Saturdays, in a Standard or Select Room
- Two Passes to Ouray Hot Springs Pool
- Late 12 p.m. Checkout
- Chocolate Truffles
- Nightly Wine and Beer Reception
- 24-Hour Complimentary Soda, Juice, Water, and Hot Tea Service
They don't call it the Switzerland of America for nothing. In Ouray, a former Colorado mining town about halfway between Durango and Grand Junction, the San Juan Mountains seem larger than life, towering over the well-preserved 19th-century buildings that lend Main Street its yesteryear charm. And while its awe-inspiring landscapes have provided the backdrop for a number of movies and TV shows, Ouray remains relatively unsullied by corporate interests, instead serving as a jumping-off point for mountain bikers, hikers, and ice climbers who've opted to take the road less traveled. Of course, at the end of the day, locals and visitors alike congregate at the nearby hot springs for a soak and a deep, refreshing breath of that Rocky Mountain air.
Situated on Sixth Avenue, Black Bear Manor is conveniently located for walking around town. All of the accommodations feature an exterior door that opens up to a wraparound veranda, ideal for soaking in the majestic mountain air. Previous guests rave about the divine views of the Rocky Mountains and the Uncompahgre River, in addition to the outstanding service. You'll be swimming in amenities throughout your stay, including a wine reception from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. each evening; complimentary soda, juice, water, and hot tea; chocolate truffles upon arrival; and a late 12 p.m. checkout.
After breakfast, grab your pick and climb up frozen H2O at Ouray Ice Park, lace up your skates and glide across the ice in Rotary Park, or cross-country ski through the powder on the San Juan Mountains. The Red Mountain Pass area offers opportunities for backcountry skiers, while Telluride Ski Resort and Silverton Mountain (both only about an hour away) will satisfy those with a yearning for downhill action on the slopes.
Later, slip into your suits and envelop yourself in the clear natural hot springs in Ouray's massive, watery mecca—Ouray Hot Springs Pool—and enjoy the steamy temperatures, ranging from 96 to 106 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on the area of the pool. Then, let the pros work out any leftover kinks with a dreamy, post-plunge massage for an additional fee.
"Always a great time! Beautiful town, beautiful part of Colorado, and an amazing B&B! Fantastic place to stay. Can't say enough good things about the Black Bear Manor."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, 1 additional as a gift; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through March 31, 2014
- Valid for Thursday through Saturdays only; property is closed Sundays through Wednesdays
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes two passes to Ouray Hot Springs, one complimentary beer and wine reception (from 4:30-5:30pm), chocolate truffles daily, complimentary 24-hour soda, juice, water and hot tea service and late 12noon checkout
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- For adults only; no children under 16 years old
- Please note for any weather closures: www.ouraycolorado.com/discover-ouray/hot-springs-pool.php
- Blackout date(s): December 27, 2013 - January 3, 2014; February 14-17, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • Enjoy By March 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings