History and Romance Come Alive at this Amana B&B
Die Heimat Country Inn • Homestead, IA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Room, November 1 to April 30
- A Bottle of Wine and Truffles
- Daily Full Country Breakfast
- Combine Vouchers for a Four-Night Stay
The seven quaint villages that make up the Amana Colonies keep German heritage alive on the Iowa prairie.
Iowa's Amana Colonies were first settled by German immigrants seeking religious freedom. Today, these villages—located 20 miles from both Iowa City and Cedar Rapids—are still full of German speakers and traditional craft shops. In fact, people travel from across the Midwest for handcrafted furniture and wool goods from Amana artisans. You can learn about the area's history at the informative Amana Heritage Society sites, or taste it in the crisp, German-style lager from Millstream Brewery and the breaded pork chops at Amana Meat Shop & Smokehouse.
Die Heimat Country Inn B&B is the oldest bed and breakfast in Homestead, one of seven villages of the Amana Colonies. The rooms, most of which are painted in the traditional Amana blue, marry the best of the old and the new. While the dark wood furniture and handmade quilts would have made travelers of yesteryear feel welcome, your present-day room has modern amenities like a TV, private bathroom, and free Wi-Fi. In the morning, enjoy a full country breakfast with fresh fruit, juices, home-baked goods, and a main course such as cheese and sausage breakfast casserole, quiche, or pancakes and sausage.
"Great facility and the owners are very nice and knowledgeable about the area. The food was excellent."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays from November 1, 2014, to April 30, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes one bottle of wine and truffles and daily full country breakfast
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): November 26-30; December 22, 2014-January 3, 2015
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 28, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2015 • Enjoy By April 30, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings