Nature Reigns in Wisconsin's Driftless Area
Inn at Lonesome Hollow • Soldiers Grove, WI
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Pine Haven Room, the Prairie Rose Room, the Upper Suite, or the Lower Suite, Sundays through Thursdays ($159)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the Pine Haven Room, the Prairie Rose Room, the Upper Suite, or the Lower Suite, Fridays and Saturdays ($175)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
City dwellers seeking peace and quiet will find it in Soldiers Grove, a rural wonderland surrounded by cold-water streams and hundreds of bluffs and valleys. Situated in the massive Driftless Area—named for its unique topography, which went untouched by glaciers during the last Ice Age—the town's farms and vineyards have attracted a growing Amish population. It's an all-seasons paradise for nature lovers, too: Revel in the sound of your hiking boots crunching through winter's snow, or the feeling of your paddle gliding through the Kickapoo River during spring. Soldier's Grove is also home to artists and craftsmen who've opened a variety of local markets, artisans' farms, and antique shops.
Treat your senses to a feast at Inn at Lonesome Hollow, an eco-friendly B&B certified by Travel Green Wisconsin. Unwind in the hushed tranquility of your deluxe room, featuring locally made Amish furniture, heated floors, a private bath, and a thermostat-controlled gas fireplace. Sink into your king- or queen-size bed, complete with luxury 400-thread count linens and an Amish quilt, then soak up the views of either Lonesome Hollow valley or a private sunken garden.
Each morning you'll be treated to a daily breakfast, served in the dining room. Owner and Chef Nora uses fresh, organic, and locally grown ingredients to prepare homemade fare like French toast, quiche, and warm pastries.
Situated on 160 rural acres, the inn is rife with natural beauty, including 100 acres of protected deciduous forest. Hike through the nearly two miles of private hiking trails in the surrounding valley, or rent snowshoes from the inn. For a day trip, head to the Kickapoo River Valley; shop for art, antiques, handmade furniture, artisanal cheeses, or locally grown foods at the Amish shops; or gaze out at the Kickapoo River, the Wisconsin River's longest tributary.
"The Inn at Lonesome Hollow was outstanding. Every detail was attended to, the breakfasts were delicious, and the hosts are very gracious. The area is lovely. We will definitely return!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, 1 additional as a gift; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through May 22, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Valid for the Pine Haven, Prairie Rose rooms (in the Main House), The Upper Suite, or the Lower Suites (in the Homestead)
- Voucher includes breakfast for two
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; up to 2 additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $30 per person per night ($60 per person, total)
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 21 or over to check-in
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): February 13-15, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 22, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 22, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 22, 2014 • Enjoy By May 22, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings