A World of Cosmopolitan Wonder Awaits in Montreal
Le Terra Nostra • Montreal, Canada
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($219) or Fridays and Saturdays ($249)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Ice Cider and Chocolate Truffles
Montreal, Canada's second-largest city, is truly a bastion of multiculturalism. While French is the official language here, at least 40 percent of the city's inhabitants speak some other tongue. Walking the cobblestone streets of Old Montreal, you'll hear half a dozen English accents but also Portuguese, Chinese, and Arabic, among others. The food scene is also a gumbo of global influences, with French-Canadian fare (poutine, anyone?) holding a prominent place in the appetites of locals. But what else would you expect from one of the oldest urban areas in North America? Since 1640, Montreal has been a come-one, come-all place that has evolved into the continent's most cosmopolitan city.
Set on a quiet side street just minutes from downtown and Old Montreal, the four-star Le Terra Nostra bed and breakfast comprises four individually decorated guest rooms. Each one is named after a continent and, under the design-savvy direction of innkeeper Mireille Lauzon, features décor that evokes the atmosphere of each place. The Antarctica Room, for example, is all dressed in white and flooded with light and diamond dust. Just as ice sparkles in the sun, so too do the lacquered cabinet fittings, the glossy floor, and the mirror desk. But don't worry, the fireplace, the heated bathroom floor, and towel warmer will keep you warm among the modern décor. In the morning, awaken to a delicious breakfast that can be tailored to your dietary needs. The menu contains flavors from all corners of the globe. Try the savory crêpes or sweet scones, then wash your meal down with fruit juices or your choice of more than 40 warm drinks.
Montreal offers a wide array of cultural experiences right outside your door. "It's the city of a hundred nations," says Lonely Planet, "all lured by Montreal's intoxicating mix of Gallic tradition and joie de vivre rubbing up against North American innovation and optimism."
Lace up your boots and hit Montreal's scenic city streets with a jaunt through the city's Greek, Portuguese, Chinese, and Irish neighborhoods. Stay close to browse the shops on Wellington Street, or take the metro from the De L'Église station to Old Montreal.
"Mireille was great. She knows the area very well and is an amazing host! Very convenient location, very clean, and the amenities are awesome! Breakfast was delightful! Looking forward to going back!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between January 7 and April 30, 2014; must book by April 20
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Any stay that includes a Friday and/or a Saturday night is considered a weekend stay, all other stays are considered weekday
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- All rooms subject to availability at booking
- Property offers free Wi-Fi, parking for one vehicle and water
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • Enjoy By April 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 0% savings