Victorian Charm at a Laid-Back Fort Bragg B&B
The Country Inn Bed & Breakfast • Fort Bragg, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Spring Promise, Pomo Sunrise, Harvest Moon, Chantilly, or Granny's Attic, Sundays through Thursdays ($184) or Fridays and Saturdays ($217)
- Two Tickets to Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
- Welcome Basket
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
The cozy comforts, amenities, and proximity to local attractions, make this B&B is the perfect home away from home.
Surrounded by some of California's most majestic scenery—from the redwood forests to the boulder-strewn coastline—since the 1800s, Fort Bragg has been a community built around the logging and fishing industries. It has long since shaken off its rough and rowdy past, however, transforming into a haven for artists, nature lovers, outdoorsmen, and wine connoisseurs. This town of 10,000 residents just minutes from the village of Mendocino provides the perfect jumping-off point for exploring the north coast. Visitors will appreciate the town's dedication to both environmental and architectural preservation, as well as its relaxed and casual atmosphere.
Fronted by a white picket fence and colorful gardens, The Country Inn Bed & Breakfast looks like something out of a storybook. This Queen Anne—featured in "Victorian Northern California"—was built in the 1890s and is the epitome of charm, with Adirondack chairs perched on the front porch, a traditional redwood exterior, and ornate blue and white gingerbread accents. A small, seven-room bed and breakfast, The Country Inn has been renovated to incorporate modern amenities alongside its turn-of-the-century frame.
You'll be staying in one of five non-fireplace rooms, each featuring vintage touches, a queen-size bed, and a private bathroom. Breakfast is an experience unto itself—each morning, you'll enjoy a freshly prepared meal made from fresh and local ingredients, organic produce, and organic eggs straight from the inn's resident hens. Though the menu is always unique, you might sit down to mascarpone-stuffed French toast, eggs Benedict, quiche Lorraine, or bread budding with fresh berries and a bourbon caramel sauce. After a day of exploring the surrounding area, relax in the hot tub on a private redwood deck surrounded by camellia trees, relax in the parlor, or take a stroll through the garden.
This Escape includes tickets to the 47-acre Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. The serene spot is known for its rhododendrons, which are native to Southeast Asia but thrive in Mendocino's cool coastal climate. Later, catch a ride on the Skunk Train, a restored railcar that winds through towering redwoods and tunnels, over bridges, and alongside meadows, following the same, mostly unchanged route since 1885. Comb the sand for treasures at nearby Glass Beach, or explore the tide pools and board walk at MacKerricher State Park; then dig into gourmet pizza, local beer, and local wine at the acclaimed Piaci Pub & Pizzeria—which was written up in The New York Times for its "excellent New York-style pizza."
Never gone north of Mendocino before, very glad we did... Entertaining community with something for everyone, including fine dining. Helpful, knowledgeable innkeepers. Breakfasts were fantastic, and the coffee was very, very good and readily available.-- LivingSocial Member
The inn staff was so very sweet and friendly, it was like being with family or very old friends. The room was incredibly perfect, and just as it is reflected on their website. I am looking forward to returning.-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through June 30, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily breakfast for 2, 2 tickets to Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, and welcome basket
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during 1 stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; parties of more than 2 people, including parties traveling with children, will need to book additional rooms
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- 11% tax not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Pets are not allowed
- No smoking at the property
- Blackout date(s): April 3 to 9, May 22 to 30, 2015
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2015 • Enjoy By June 30, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings