Victorian Charm in Laid-Back Fort Bragg
The Country Inn Bed & Breakfast • Fort Bragg, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Non-Fireplace Room (Spring Promise, Pomo Sunrise, Harvest Moon, Chantilly, or Granny's Attic), Sundays Through Thursdays ($160)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in Non-Fireplace Room (Spring Promise, Pomo Sunrise, Harvest Moon, Chantilly, or Granny's Attic), Fridays and Saturdays ($210)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Two Tickets to Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
- Welcome Basket
Between the cozy comforts and modern amenities, this B&B is a home away from home, right down to the resident dog, Riley.
Surrounded by some of California's most peaceful scenery—from the redwood forests to the boulder-strewn coastline—and populated by some of the state's mellowest citizens, Fort Bragg has long since shirked its antebellum military roots. Today, this town of 10,000 residents on the Mendocino Coast attracts artists and outdoorsmen, peace seekers and wine drinkers—all of whom appreciate the town's dedication to both environmental and architectural preservation—as well as those who just need a break from city living.
Talk about charm: Fronted by a white picket fence and colorful gardens, The Country Inn Bed & Breakfast looks like something out of a storybook, with Adirondack chairs perched on the deck and a dark wood exterior that features ornate turquoise accents. Built in the 1890s, this seven-room B&B became The Country Inn more than 30 years ago and has been renovated to incorporate modern amenities alongside its turn-of-the-century frame.
You'll be staying in one of five non-fireplace rooms, each one featuring vintage touches, a queen-size bed, and a private bathroom. In the morning, wake up to an experience unto itself: a gourmet breakfast that might include mascarpone-stuffed French toast, a veggie frittata with monkey bread, or quiche Lorraine. After a day of exploring the surrounding area, hit the hot tub on the private redwood deck, relax in the parlor, or take a stroll through the rose garden.
• The 47-acre Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is known for its rhododendrons, which are native to Southeast Asia but thrive in Mendocino's cool coastal climate
• Catch a ride on the Skunk Train, a restored railcar that winds through towering redwoods and tunnels, over bridges, and alongside meadows, following the same and mostly unchanged route since 1885
• Dig into gourmet pizza, local beer, and local wine at the acclaimed Piaci Pub & Pizzeria, written up in The New York Times for its "excellent New York-style pizza."
• Comb the sand for treasures at nearby Glass Beach
"A charming place with wonderful flowers in front and on the side, and a great flower garden in back. All the rooms were different and very nice."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - June 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily breakfast for two, two tickets to Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, and welcome basket; women will receive additional gift when checking in May 8-11, 2014 and men will receive additional gift when checking in June 12-15, 2014
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; parties of more than 2 people, including parties traveling with children, will need to book additional rooms
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture and deposit will be non-refundable; with 7 days notice deposit is refundable, minus a $25 processing fee
- 11% tax not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Pets are not allowed
- No smoking at the property
- Upgrade to fireplace room may be available; please inquire with merchant at time of check-in
- Blackout date(s): February 14-15, 2014; March 14-17, 2014; April 18-20, 2014; May 22-26, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 20, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2014 • Enjoy By June 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings