Experience Orcas Island's Quaint Towns and Cool Breezes
North Shore Cottages • Eastsound, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Screech Owl Swoop Cottage ($199), or the Eagle's Nest or Orca Watch Cottage ($219)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in the Heron Cove Cottage ($249)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Eight Guests in the Seal Point or Salmon Shoal Cottage ($289)
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
The hilly, rugged beauty of Orcas Island off the coast of Washington State's mainland has earned this horseshoe-shaped sanctuary many names, including the "The Emerald Isle" and "The Gem of the San Juan Islands." Just 57 square miles, Orcas Island plays host to a moderate climate and a slew of quaint towns, chief of which is Eastsound, set atop a fjord. Avid main street strollers delight in Eastsound's historic homes with their 1880s architecture and surrounding cafes and art galleries. A major draw for artists, Eastsound has made waves by being named one of "America's Top Twelve Small-Town ArtPlaces" by ArtPlace America. Farmers markets, outdoor concerts, and seasonal festivals add yet another layer of creative polish to what locals affectionally dub "the Rock."
Escape to the peaceful North Shore Cottages, tucked away among overgrown ferns and moss-covered logs and overlooking views of Puget sound. Each of these intimate cottages boasts a full kitchen—perfect for cooking meals—as well as a hot tub, a TV with stereo and DVD player, cozy furnishings, a fireplace, and spectacular views from your own private deck. On site, opportunities for relaxation abound; guests will want to explore, in particular, the Sleepy Otter, a free-standing stone-and-cedar sauna with a full complement of aromas—the perfect kick-back spot after a day exploring the island.
Ask about renting bikes, then go for a ride to the highest point on the island, Mt. Constitution in Moran State Park. Take a kayak or whale-watching trip in the marine hub of Deer Harbor, or stroll the village of Eastsound, abuzz with art galleries, boutiques, and quaint cafes—try New Leaf Cafe, a fresh Northwest-style eatery with French flair. At some point during your stay, be sure to carve your way through the old-growth cedars and Douglas firs that surround Orcas Island Pottery, the oldest pottery shop in the Northwest. Stroll the gardens, have a picnic, and watch the artists in action before picking up a piece to take home with you.
"What a wonderful, magical and romantic place! We will be back!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays October 23, 2013 - April 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests (Screech Owl Swoop, Eagles Nest, or Orca Watch Cottage), up to 4 guests (Heron Cove Cottage), or up to 8 guests (Seal Point or Salmon Shoal Cottage)
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Children are welcome at the property
- Pets are allowed
- Check-in: 2 p.m. / Checkout: 11 a.m.
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- 3-night minimum required for bookings at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years
- Blackout date(s): March 14-17, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 11, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • Enjoy By April 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings