A Luxe Greek Revival on the Cajun Coast
The Fairfax House • Franklin, LA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room ($149) or a Deluxe Suite ($189)
- Or, a Three-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room ($224) or a Deluxe Suite ($284)
- Daily Cajun Breakfast for Two
- Two-for-One Round of Golf at Atchafalaya Golf Course & Clubhouse
- 15% Discount at Argus Spa
History meets hospitality at this home, where stately architecture and elegant furnishings evoke another era.
While much of the Cajun Coast traces its cultural heritage back to French-speaking Acadians, the small town of Franklin, about 100 miles west of New Orleans, draws much of its character from the many English settlers who dropped anchor here in the early 1800s. With the English came sugarcane plantations and, subsequently, a period of prosperity when the town's now-iconic Greek Revival mansions were built. Today, much of Franklin is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, with many noteworthy structures standing proudly along oak-lined Main Street.
One of these plantation homes is The Fairfax House, set back from Main Street on a large, lush property punctuated by trees draped in wisps of Spanish moss. Outside, stately white columns frame the house, and beautiful wrought-iron railings enclose the two-story porch, which comes complete with rocking chairs. Inside, the elegantly restored home features crisp hardwood floors, period furnishings, unique artwork from around the world, and mint-condition antiques. Rooms are equally plush, with luxury linens, private baths, flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Start the day with a classic Cajun breakfast, then savor your surroundings with a stroll around the manicured gardens and oak trees.
Play a game of chess on the front porch, walk four blocks to the historic district downtown, or treat yourself to a day of pampering at Argus Spa. For a bit more action, tour the Avery Island Tabasco factory, hit the links at nearby Atchafalaya Golf Course, or partake in a real down-home experience with a visit to Cajun Jack's Swamp Tours. Whatever you choose, you'll find the Cajun Coast as welcoming as it is beautiful.
"Cheryl, the innkeeper, is wonderful! Fairfax House and the grounds are beautiful! Food was wonderful! A++"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and August 31, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Cancellation less than 24 hours will forfeit the voucher with no refund
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Deluxe Suites are Fairfax or Murphy Suite; subject to availability
- Standard Rooms are Azalea, Camellia, Wisteria, or Magnolia Rooms; subject to availability
- Please visit, thefairfaxhouse.net with any questions regarding rooms
- Credit card information upon booking to hold the reservation and at check-in
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 24, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2014 • Enjoy By August 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings