Eco-Chic in the Thick of Outdoor Adventure
The Crash Pad • Chattanooga, TN
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Private Room or a Shared Super Bunk
- Half-Day Climbing Adventure for Two
An ancient sea is to thank for making Chattanooga one of the nation's premier rock-climbing destinations. Over millions of years, the Cumberland Plateau emerged from the ocean floor to form what is now a playground of boulder fields and sandstone cliffs that stretches from Kentucky to Alabama. But nowhere is it craggier and more conducive to climbing than in Chattanooga. And it's not just climbing. Hang gliding, hiking, mountain biking, white-water rafting—the opportunities for adventure here are endless. Perhaps that's why Outside magazine readers named it one of the Best Towns 2011.
At two years old, The Crash Pad has already become the base camp of choice for outdoor enthusiasts who've come to explore Chattanooga. An industrial-chic hostel with a commitment not only to providing the best in outdoor adventure but also to preserving the environment, The Crash Pad wouldn't look out of place on the pages of Dwell magazine, with its electric-blue walls, exposed ducts, and dangling lights. Also setting it apart are pillow-top mattresses, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast each morning featuring freshly made bread from the excellent local bakery, Niedlov's Breadworks.
All of that is well and good, but you're here for adventure. With a little help from the pros at Rocky Top Guides, you'll set out to scale the cliffs of the Cumberland. During the half-day trip, you'll learn basic skills and safety, including how to rappel, tie in to a harness, climbing basics, and belaying.
When hunger strikes, check out the Crash Pad's recently opened bar and restaurant right next door, Flying Squirrel. And don't miss a MoonPie—the graham-cracker-and-marshmallow sandwiches were invented in Chattanooga, after all.
"Great, affordable place to stay if you're in Chattanooga to enjoy all the outdoor activities. The staff are attentive, knowledgeable, and all around just great guys. Would definitely go back and stay."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and November 11, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability at both The Crash Pad and Rocky Top Guides
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- 48-hour cancellation policy for all reservations applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Must be at least 18 to purchase and redeem and at least 9 to climb; other restrictions may apply at the climbing school
- Taxes and fees are not included; 17.25% tax due to Crash Pad at check-in and 9.25% tax due to Rocky Top Guides at arrival
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 11, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 11, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 11, 2014 • Enjoy By November 11, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings