Bikes, Brews, and Tubes in Maine
Back Country Excursions • Parsonsfield, ME
- A Two-Night Mountain Bike Adventure for One Guest from May 1 to November 1 with Two Nights' Accommodations, 1.5 Days of Guided Trail Rides, and Three Meals ($199)
- Or, a Three-Night Mountain Bike Adventure for One Guest from May 1 to November 1 with Three Nights' Accommodations, 2.5 Days of Guided Trail Rides, and Five Meals ($269)
- Or, a Three-Night Tube-N-Lube Fest for One Guest from July 17 to 20 with Three Nights' Accommodations, 2.5 Days of Guided Group Rides, One Day of Tubing, and Five Meals ($299)
- Or, a Three-Night Mountain Biking Micro Brew Festival for One Guest from August 7 to 10 with Three Nights' Accommodations, 2.5 Days of Guided Group Rides, Five Meals, and Beer and Live Music on Two Nights ($289)
- All Biking Gear Provided
- Unlimited Trail Snacks and Use of Kayaks and Canoes
With all gear and meals provided, biking in the back country of Maine's White Mountains has never been easier—or more fun.
With 26 miles of virtually mud-free single-track trails, Back Country Excursions offers some of the best mountain biking in the White Mountains of Maine. Founded in 1991, BCE was the first bike-touring company on the East Coast, making it the longest-running such organization in the region. Situated in the foothills of the White Mountains, this vast network of trails is complemented by ponds and rivers perfect for tubing and canoeing.
Add to all that a rustic lodge and a large group yurt, and BCE has become the premier overnight recreation destination in the Northeast. The all-wood-heated lodge, tucked away among the trees, features a common area appointed with couches, artwork, games, and biking magazines, while the main lodge offers private rooms—fit with double beds—and guests share a bathroom. There's also a screened-in porch for alfresco meals and a wood-fired cedar hot tub for evening relaxation.
The two-night mountain biking adventure caters to both experienced and novice riders. All gear is provided, and guests will get a day and a half of guided riding time, plus some instructional tips from the pros. You'll also be treated to three meals, unlimited trail snacks, and the use of a canoe or kayak during your stay.
The 20th Annual Mountain Biking Micro Brew Festival—a perennially popular event that sells out every year—begins on Thursday, August 7, and ends on Sunday, August 10. During the day, you'll be pedaling the trail on guided group rides, while at night the fun heats up with local blues and folk bands, a beer garden hosted by Gritty McDuff's and Sunday River Brewing Co.
The Tube-N-Lube Fest, running July 11 to 14, features much of the same fun but also includes a lazy float on the Saco River. In addition to all mountain bike gear, this package includes five meals. There's also an optional potluck that you and other group members can choose to contribute to. A lobster cooker, plates, and other facilities are provided for you—just chip in $15 for lobster, mussels, corn, potato, salad, and dessert!
"I am a novice rider and Cliff was an amazing teacher. I had so much fun, met some really cool people, did way more on the trails than I ever imagined, and ate like a queen. Awesome trip!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for 1 person
- Includes unlimited trail snacks and use of kayaks and canoes
- Tube-N-Lube Fest, running July 11 to 14, has an optional potluck that you and other group members can choose to contribute to. A lobster cooker, plates, and other facilities are provided for you. You will need to contribute around $15 which will go towards lobster, mussels, corn, potato, salad, and dessert
- Taxes/resort fee and gratuities of 15% are not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 1, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 1, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 1, 2014 • Enjoy By November 1, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings