5 Days of White-Water Rafting Along the Salmon River
Orange Torpedo Trips •
- A Five-Day White-Water Rafting or Kayaking Trip on the Salmon River for One Person ($749 to $849), Including:
- Kayaking or Rafting and Camping Equipment (Excluding Camping Bag) and Professional Guide Service
- Three Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Three Dinners
Get your adrenaline pumping during a five-day camping and white-water rafting trip through the deep canyons, sandy beaches, and wild rapids of Idaho's Salmon River.
To white-water raft Idaho's Salmon River is to experience one of America's fabled waterways in a heart-stopping way our ancestors could only dream of. With no dams along the river's 425 serpentine miles, this unfettered aqueduct propels wide-eyed rafters over rock-toothed passages and calm, glassy pools; past caves covered in Native American pictographs, abandoned arterial mines, and sturdy riverside cabins untouched by time; and through granite-sided gorges and rising mountainsides painted in evergreens.
Earning nods from the likes of Outside Magazine and National Geographic Adventure, Orange Torpedo Trips leads guests through the best of it. Since the late 1960s, this fully licensed and insured guide service has offered an unparalleled experience both on and off the river, providing expert guidance and superior meals while on the trail.
Fly into the Lewiston airport and take the hotel shuttle to the Red Lion Hotel for a 7 p.m. orientation meeting in the lobby. At the orientation, the head guide will talk about what to expect, give some river history, answer any last-minute questions, and hand out your equipment—bring your own sleeping bags and backpacks; Orange Torpedo Trips will provide tents and waterproof bags—and inform you about when to meet the following morning. Note: You will need to reserve your own accommodations for this first night.
Meet your head guide in the lobby of the Red Lion Hotel at the assigned time. Be sure to eat a big breakfast—your morning will start with a two-hour bus ride to the put-in point for the trip, where the additional guides and river equipment will be waiting. Load up on the sunscreen; listen during the thorough safety and paddling orientation; and take your first strokes downstream.
After going through Roller Coaster and Big Foot Island rapids, stop for lunch along the river. Then, you'll enter Green Canyon and the biggest rapids yet, like Demon's Drop and Right Way. Stop for the night at a beachside campsite, where you can swim, play games, or just relax while the guides prepare a delicious three-course meal.
Overnight in a tent. Lunch and dinner provided.
Start the day off right with a hot breakfast and fresh-baked cinnamon rolls. Your morning includes some fun rapids leading up to Cougar Canyon; after navigating White House rapids, the group will pull to shore and spend the day swimming and surfing the waves of Lower White House. When you're ready to call it a day, float around the corner to camp, where you'll kick back with another hearty dinner prepared by your guides.
Overnight in a tent. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Today, you'll maneuver through the most exciting white water of the Lower Salmon, including two Class IV rapids. Splash through Bodacious Bounce, Half and Half, and Gobbler before tackling the thrilling Snowhole. After your action-packed morning, the lighter rapids and swim time of the afternoon will be a breeze. Camp again on a large beach—perfect for a game of capture the flag—and get ready for another evening of great food and good company.
Overnight in a tent. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
After a quick breakfast, start your last day of paddling entering the Blue Canyon, steepest and deepest gorge of the trip. Then, you'll ride the Slide and Sluice Box before getting to the Eye of the Needle at the end of the Lower Salmon River, where it meets the Snake River at the bottom of Hells Canyon.
Hop on a jet boat and enjoy the wind in your hair as you speed your way two hours to downtown Clarkston, where a shuttle will drive you five minutes to the Red Lion Hotel.
Breakfast and lunch provided.
8/19, 8/26, 9/2 ($749)
"Awesomely fun trip, great food, scenery, whitewater, fishing, beaches, and the guides were terrific! Please bring this trip to us again!!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes kayaking or rafting and camping equipment (excluding camping bag) and professional guide service; 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 3 dinners
- Voucher does not include sleeping bags or hotel accommodations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during 1 stay
- Voucher valid for 1 guest
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please visit http://www.orangetorpedo.com/about_us/policies
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 2, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 24, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 2, 2015 • Enjoy By September 2, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings