The Real McCoy: Historic Arizona Ranch Stay for 2
Cherry Creek Lodge • Young, AZ
- A Two-Night Stay for Two
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
This working ranch in the Tonto National Forest is home to authentic Old West history and offers guests a chance to hike, ride horses, fish, and hunt.
Deep in the heart of Arizona's Tonto National Forest lies Young. It's an odd name for a town that feels anything but, with its dusty roadside general stores and quiet cactus-lined roads, its long-abandoned log cabins and sprawling horse ranches. Indeed, Young feels much like it must have felt in the late 1800s, when—guns ablazin'—a livestock dispute between two local families resulted in a decade-long feud of cinematic proportions. This is an authentic swatch of the Old West, and there's nowhere better than Cherry Creek Lodge, former home of one of these feuding families, to experience rustic Arizona while luxuriating in the comforts of modernity.
About three hours northeast of Phoenix, this solar-powered and eco-friendly ranch belies the intimate hospitality guests will encounter within. Sure, there's hiking, hunting, fishing, and horseback riding available here, but the vibe is more akin to what you'd experience at a B&B, with the innkeepers offering personal service and telling little-known stories about the area. After a hearty cowboy-style breakfast in the morning, retreat to the patio with a cup of coffee to watch as the ranch comes alive.
At night, after a day on the trail, settle in to one of six rooms (all but the Owner's Hideaway and Bunkhouse Commons Suite are available). Rooms are appointed with rustic yet comfortable furnishings, with some featuring private bathrooms and others shared. And while all rooms come equipped with Wi-Fi, none comes with the distraction of a television.
Whether on horseback or on foot, guests will have the chance to explore miles of hiking trails through the forest and open grasslands. Those hungry to get their hands dirty like real cowboys can participate in full- or half-day roundups and cattle drives. Those looking to learn even more can accompany ranch hands as they tend to day-to-day business like riding the fence lines, driving cattle between pastures, branding, and more.
"Awesome experience. A relaxing and stress-free Escape! Holly and Rick made all the difference and really brought the trip full circle with their professionalism and true hospitality! This is a secret gem!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - December 31, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily gourmet breakfast for 2
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; up to 2 additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $35 per night for adults and $15 per night for children under 10
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Children are welcome at the property
- Voucher not valid for Owner's Hideaway or Bunkhouse Commons Suite
- Upgrades to the Owner's Hideaway or Bunkhouse Commons Suite are available for an additional fee; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2014 • Enjoy By December 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings